• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

It was time to add something different to the fleet

Looks like your ahead of the curve, I here gasoline is bad for the environment, getting outlawed (I hope not). Have fun with the new ride. Have you tried rotating the bars back a little it may help.
Yes, I did adjust the bar rotation in the clamps, but it needs more tweaking than that adjustment can offer.

Question(s) do charge your Zero off the 110 v house or did you have to have a 220v line put in. How long is your typical charging time?

Question(s) do charge your Zero off the 110 v house or did you have to have a 220v line put in. How long is your typical charging time?
Standard Zero configuration is charging off a 120 volt, 15 amp outlet. Additional optional external chargers can be ganged together, or you can get the optional “car” charger plug standard, which I think is called J1772.

If the battery was down to zero capacity, standard outlet charging might take almost 10 hours to get to 100%. Zero specs say 9.3 hours to get to 95% charge. I don’t generally use it like that, as my rides are shorter. With the length of my typical local area rides so far, charging is maybe 4 hours on average. With the J1772 option, which I don’t have, I think empty to full is like 2 hours. All these times are for the 14.4 kWh battery. The 7.2 kWh battery charging would be half the time, but offer half the range.

The 120 volt standard outlet charge times are not limited by the motorcycle; they’re limited by the power available from the outlet.

See my above post again. I added more info.
Thanks

Honda sent me a questionnaire the other day about electric vehicles. I had to admit on the questionnaire I just didn't know enough about EV's and when you bring EV's up on a forum, the anti EV's come out of the woodwork about how bad they really are, what lies we are being told, how we are being sold out by politicians etc when really all I want to know is how it is for the normal person to live with one.

I have ridden a Zero S? a few years ago and found it quite fascinating. Just as I did when I rode a DCT 700 a few years ago. Living with one (as I do now) is different than just test riding one.

Last edited:
I had mentioned in post #17 about the need for narrowed or reshaped handlebars on my Zero DSR. I concluded that when handlebars widen, the bend for the wrist needs to angle back, to account for arc the arms go through as they pivot at the shoulder. The stock Zero bars are too wide and straight; they are 2 inches wider than the NC handlebars.

I realized I’d always been happy with the bar bend on all my Honda motorcycles, and I remembered I had a spare NC700X bar I had bought from a forum member here. So, two days ago I installed the Honda bars on the Zero. Honda to the rescue!

The weather forecast missed the mark yesterday and it got warmer than predicted. So I got in a 36 degree-F ride on the Zero to test the Honda bars. Ahh! So much better. It almost transformed it into a new bike. Not only are the wrists more comfortable, but the additional bar pull-back puts me in the sweet spot of the seat for better butt comfort.

BTW, this electric motorcycle sure is a blast to ride. Can’t wait ‘til spring!

The bar on the left is the NC bar, while on the right is the stock Zero bar.
AA6790B2-6F15-471E-A058-11974470833F.jpeg

7E1AF1E8-E21D-4E57-966A-D5B137B7C0AB.jpeg

44B8AF7E-A055-4487-B763-15DFDD1F28A4.jpeg

Last edited:
I had mentioned in post #17 about the need for narrowed or reshaped handlebars on my Zero DSR. I concluded that when handlebars widen, the bend for the wrist needs to angle back, to account for arc the arms go through as they pivot at the shoulder. The stock Zero bars are too wide and straight; they are 2 inches wider than the NC handlebars.

I realized I’d always been happy with the bar bend on all my Honda motorcycles, and I remembered I had a spare NC700X bar I had bought from a forum member here. So, two days ago I installed the Honda bars on the Zero. Honda to the rescue!

The weather forecast missed the mark yesterday and it got warmer than predicted. So I got in a 36 degree-F ride on the Zero to test the Honda bars. Ahh! So much better. It almost transformed it into a new bike. Not only are the wrists more comfortable, but the additional bar pull-back puts me in the sweet spot of the seat for better butt comfort.

BTW, this electric motorcycle sure is a blast to ride. Can’t wait ‘til spring!

The bar on the left is the NC bar, while on the right is the stock Zero bar.
View attachment 48072

View attachment 48073

View attachment 48074
Nice. How often do you find you need the Garmin GPS?

Nice. How often do you find you need the Garmin GPS?
I use the GPS. I have one of those Garmin units on every bike. I think I own five Zumo 220 and Nuvi 550 units. For exploring remote rural roads, it’s nice to see the detailed map, because some roads dead end or don’t connect where you thought they would.

The most comfortable handle bars I have ever had were the factory Honda "sport kit" for the 80s CB line. They where lower than the stock and bent back but they also had a downward bend. Honda did this because when you raise your hands from your waist your hands are not straight. They have a natural angle to them. The body builders use a bar that's called a "curling" bar that does the same thing. This downward angle allows your wrists to be at a neutral position. This "sport kit" also moved the pegs back 3" and up 1" to position your body in a more sporty position. Handlebars bent like this are not common I do not know if anyone even makes them. It is something that I look for when checking out other riders mods. With normal bars if they are rotated back to try to duplicate this it just doesn't work, I have tried.

Back