• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is Mil engine management light connected to dct ?

wolfswater

Reaction score
Visit site
Still having problems with my dct. Just wondering does the engine management light come on with dct problems.. or simply with engine problems, ie not gearbox...
My engine management light comes on at apx 12 mph. Code 54. But if Mil is not connected to the dct then maybe the dct isn't functioning because the light is coming on rather than the other way round?

Still having problems with my dct. Just wondering does the engine management light come on with dct problems.. or simply with engine problems, ie not gearbox...
My engine management light comes on at apx 12 mph. Code 54. But if Mil is not connected to the dct then maybe the dct isn't functioning because the light is coming on rather than the other way round?
If I understand your question correctly, yes the MIL will flash to draw attention to any Diagnostic Trouble Codes detected. The Malfunction Indicator Light illuminates to both engine and/or transmission DTCs.

DTC 54-1 points to a problem with the outer mainshaft speed sensor or it's associated circuitry. The sensor is located on top of the transmission case.

Back