• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Humble tx to san franciasco

hectorsalinasx

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys/gals

I need some input and recomendations, cuz some people have accused me of crazy.

Im trying to plan this trip for memorial day weekend and a friend that "might" go with me is starting to call it..."the torture tour"

Here is the plan:
Day one
Humble TX to Roswell NM
With several stops in between and then camp out in roswell

Day two
Roswell NM to The Grand Cayon
Several stops in between and then camp out at the gran cayon

Day three
Grand Cayon to San Francisco
Several stops and stay in a hotel

Day four
Spend it in San Francisco for tourist purposes and resting.

Day five
San Francisco to Salt Lake city
Several stops in between and camp out.

Day 6
Salt lake city to denver
Several stops and camp out

Day 7
Denver to.....either push it back to humble tx or spend an extra day somewhere in oklahoma

Does it sound too crazy????

Please give me some input and thoughts in this planning.

Thanks in advance.

According to Google Maps, non stop riding...

Humble TX
to Roswell NM 10 h 25 min (710 mi)
to The Grand Canyon 8 h 53 min (607 mi)
to San Francisco 11 h 47 min (789 mi)
to Salt Lake City 10 h 35 min (736 mi)
to Denver 7 h 42 min (521 mi)
to Humble 15 h 18 min (1,024 mi)

I'd budget 300 mile days. Maybe the odd 500 mile day if I really had to push it. No experience, just a Google Maps armchair warrior.

1.JPG

I like the route picked out and I would love to make the ride but not allowed to at this time. Unless you have a major improved see or you have no body seat at all, 700 miles a day on a 700 would be a killer. On my cruiser I could do it but not on the NC. Good luck. If you haven't put 400 to 500 miles on in a single day and done this a couple of days in a row, you are much more of a rider than i and I do about 14K miles a year but not all on a NC. Good luck.

I have done 2 days of 750 miles each day when i went into mexico but it was very unplanned i took off without a route.

I got the bike back in september with 4K and now it has 10K miles so...i do ride it quite a bit

Last year I did two 1100 mile days on the nc. I do have a Corbin seat , air hawk and bead rider beads. I am more comfortable on the nc doing 1000 mile days than my goldwing. However, if I didnt have the DCT on the NC, that might be a different story.

I also have a madstad windshield and bark buster hand guards, so that makes a difference also. Without those two items, I dont think I could do a long distance trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slow down and smell the roses. Yes, we can all travel 1000 days. However, are you seeing anything but the side of the roadway. Have 4 times the fun by slowing down a bit. Have fun, and enjoy the short time we are here on this earth.

Your trip, do it like you want...but day after day of 700 plus miles will be tough, especially when camping....setting up / tearing down.

I read the grand tour you plan to take.
500-600 miles in a day is about as much as you should do.
More than that will kill the "fun" of making the trip. Be careful about that...
especially if you are camping. Takes time and energy to find the camp site and set up each night.

I've used "FreeCampSites.net" sucessfully as a resource.
Type in the name of the city, and it will lists all the near-by camp sites.
Pick one, scout it, then have a plan "B" if you don't like the first choice.

Grand Canyon FREE site: 36.401828, -112.136726
I've camped there twice, and it's an excellent, FREE, camp site.
It's just off the main highway into the park on Fire Road 22.
There are several small sites like this one on both sides of Fire Road 22.

Learn how to use the "GLYMPSE" application for your cell phone, so we can track your progress.
It's also FREE.

Shorten each leg of the trip to 500 miles or so. You'll enjoy it a lot more.

Last edited:
Back