• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question How often do you rebalance your wheels?

RC24F2

Reaction score
Visit site
After initial install & balance, and other than losing a weight or developing noticeable vibration, do any of you ever re-balance prior to next tire replacement as a matter of routine maintenance?

I have rebalanced a wheel if I have removed it for some reason before the tire is worn out, but not as a matter of routine maintenance. Meaning, I wouldn't remove a wheel solely to rebalance without cause. In my experience, some wheels do go out of balance during the course of tire life. I mount tires and balance all wheels myself anyway, so it's no big deal to check/rebalance it in the home shop, again, if the wheel was off and free anyway

I have had to rebalance car wheels, too. Tires can wear and develop wheel vibration.

The only time I have done it other than at tire mounting time was when I was chasing a vibration and wanted to eliminate the obvious. Spoiler Alert: it wasn’t needed, the balance was fine.

Back