• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi V56 installed

InfernoST

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi gang
Finally got the parts needed and a day off so I installed the mounting bracket & plate today. I couldn't believe how easy the install went ass opposed to Burgie. Just wanted to share some pics. I am waiting for Admore lighting kit to arrive then I will install it along with the brake light modulator I have.20211211_104448.jpg20211211_104448.jpg20211211_104448.jpg20211211_105352.jpg20211211_105400.jpg

I’m curious what Givi’s weight limit sticker says for that big trunk. 3, 5, 10 pounds? They often have some ridiculously low weight limits.

I’m curious what Givi’s weight limit sticker says for that big trunk. 3, 5, 10 pounds? They often have some ridiculously low weight limits.
The luggage rack usually has a ridiculously low weight limit. The trunk itself takes up most of the limit. I think the rack on my FJR was listed at 11 pounds and the V47 trunk weighed about 10

Really good looking. Not as visually imposing as I imagined. I’m thinking about getting the v40.

The luggage rack usually has a ridiculously low weight limit. The trunk itself takes up most of the limit. I think the rack on my FJR was listed at 11 pounds and the V47 trunk weighed about 10
That is because several people cracked the rear sub frame on their FJRs by adding a top case. That is why "stiffy kits" were so popular.

That is because several people cracked the rear sub frame on their FJRs by adding a top case. That is why "stiffy kits" were so popular.

Yea I went with the special Givi rack, but still only packed light stuff in the trunk, sweashirt, rainsuit etc. Heavy stuff went in the saddlebags.

Really good looking. Not as visually imposing as I imagined. I’m thinking about getting the v40.
I think you need to see that size top case mounted on an NC750 up close and personal.
From the pic, they look alright, but pics are very deceptive as we all know.
But in the flesh, that V56 is huge!
A had a V47 on my NC and sold it.
I couldn't stand its bulbous shape.
I can't even imagine how a V56 would look on my bike.
A V40 would be perfect IMHO.

That V56 looks nice. I looked up the weight rating and it’s 22 pounds, which is quite respectable.

However, I’m done with the rounded shape top cases typically offered by Givi and others. I find them impossible to pack for long distance trips, typically involving camping gear and motorcycle maintenance items. The sloped sides of the floors are fine for helmets (which I never put in a top case), or maybe soft items like clothing or food, but that’s it. I know the squared off boxy shaped cases are not stylish, but they sure are more functional.

I think you need to see that size top case mounted on an NC750 up close and personal.
From the pic, they look alright, but pics are very deceptive as we all know.
But in the flesh, that V56 is huge!
A had a V47 on my NC and sold it.
I couldn't stand its bulbous shape.
I can't even imagine how a V56 would look on my bike.
A V40 would be perfect IMHO.
Good to know. Thank you!

I know the squared off boxy shaped cases are not stylish, but they sure are more functional.
Agree. I replaced my V47 with a square Kappa KGR46N.
In the pic of it mounted, it looks huge, but in reality it is more compact than the V47 it replaced.

KGR46N.jpg

DSC00334.JPG

Last edited:
Hi gang
Finally got the parts needed and a day off so I installed the mounting bracket & plate today. I couldn't believe how easy the install went ass opposed to Burgie. Just wanted to share some pics. I am waiting for Admore lighting kit to arrive then I will install it along with the brake light modulator I have.View attachment 47481View attachment 47481View attachment 47481View attachment 47482View attachment 47483
How many children fit in that case?

It look huge!!!

How many children fit in that case?

It look huge!!!
Both of my girls will fit comfortably without spilling spilling their Starbucks.

I truly love this machine but it really falls short when it comes to storage (which I was aware of before the purchase) considering I came from a Burgman 650 with a Givi E55 case. This bike will exceed the big Burg's capacity.

Back