• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi box reflector upgrade

Rideitsideways

Reaction score
Visit site
Even though I don't have the NC700 yet, I have been browsing eBay for the add ons I have decided to fit and found the Givi box and mount for half price. Upon delivery I noticed how poor the red reflectors where and decided to upgrade them. Once taken apart I found that the reflectors had just white backing to them. I ordered an A4 reflective sticker and stuck the backing to the A4 sheet, cut them out and put it all back together again. I will try to attach pics if I can figure out how.
111.JPG222.JPG333.JPG

I read about this "fix" a couple years ago and have used it on 4 top boxes so far. All those red "reflectors" are only red lenses. But a couple bucks spent on reflective tape makes them work well.

I like reflective tape. If there's light out there from anything, it shows up. I spent many many years on the flightline at night in the USAF, and you could see maintenance stands clear across the ramp ...or at least you could see the reflective tape. You couldn't see the maintenance stand, but you knew it was there.

And reflective tape doesn't need wiring, or power to work. When your bike is parked, that reflective tape is still working.

Thanks for posting this. It is a good reminder that a low tech solution can work wonders.

Chris

I love me some reflective tape. I did up my last bike pretty extensively....

Givi E45 by treybrad, on Flickr

And at night with the flash:

flash.jpg

I don't have side cases on the NC, but I have the same top case with the two horizontal strips on it.

You can pick it up cheap on eBay. Just search for SOLAS tape -- it's a Coast Guard Marine grade tape. Good stuff -- you can see how much more reflective it is vs. the OEM reflectors :cool:

trey

Even though I don't have the NC700 yet, I have been browsing eBay for the add ons I have decided to fit and found the Givi box and mount for half price. Upon delivery I noticed how poor the red reflectors where and decided to upgrade them. Once taken apart I found that the reflectors had just white backing to them. I ordered an A4 reflective sticker and stuck the backing to the A4 sheet, cut them out and put it all back together again. I will try to attach pics if I can figure out how.
View attachment 2843View attachment 2844View attachment 2845

I am constantly amazed at the ingenuity of many of you guys. Good job!

Thanks for the post. I got some reflective tape from WallMart. I then took off the reflectors off {E360 & E460 Givi}. Reflecitive tape was 2" wide. All I had to do was to put tape in and put the reflecotrs back on, finnished in 15 min. Works pretty good.

Back