• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Full Bore M-1 160/60zr-17

ddennis669

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I generally commute and tour with my bikes and I try to find the best economy with tires. On my Ninja 250 it turned out to be the most expensive tires (Metzler ME880) that gave the best miles per dollar. The Metzlers on the NC700X were disappointing in terms of durability. I feel like tires wear faster in the winter? If things go well I will get a chance to try a lot of tires. I am starting with one of the least expensive tires I could find the Full Bore M-1. ($87 to my doorstep)

I did not find many reviews of the Full Bore until I came across this source:
Test review: Motorcycle tyres Full Bore USA M-1 Street Sport - Tyretest.com - Tyre test reviews by consumers for consumers
I needed translate.google.com for most of the comments.

My only recollections of the Full Bore brand, if my memory is correct, are from the 1970's when Full Bore Branded tires were sold by the US Ossa importer. I do not know who manufactured them. They were original equipment on a bike called the Yankee 500Z (which coincidentally used a large frame tube similar to the NC700). They are manufactured in Korea now.

My rear tire was close to the end so I ordered a set of Shinko Ravens but when they arrived I decided I should run the front Metzler a little longer. Then I ordered a Full Bore rear to run with it until it is a little more used up. I went one week and a couple hundred miles longer on the Metzler than I planned to while waiting for the Full Bore and even skipped two days of commuting when the driveway was muddy from rains. I expect to replace both the front Metzler and rear Full Bore about 3500 miles from now with the Shinko Ravens at the end of May for the trip to the Northwest.

Today I rode 105 miles at a very moderate pace and my initial impression is that they feel very similar to the Metzler. We watch how they hold up.

STATS
My odometer looked like this:
IMG_0135.jpg

My Metzler rear tire looked like this:
IMG_0136.jpg

I replaced it with this:
IMG_0141.jpg

Give us a follow up report on the Full Bore tires! Saw they have the street tires, and a rear 40% on road / 60% off road tire also.8.jpg

SmileyLost.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
The 60/40 Full Bore MT40/41 is based on the Shinko 705. It has the same tread pattern with slightly larger lug spacing. I'm currently running them.
Your are running the Full Bore front and rear, or just on the rear. If front and rear what size is the front tire, and did it fit without mods.6.jpg

smileyquestion.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I liked the "feel" of the Full Bore M-1. I was running it with the stock Metzler front tire. Unfortunately I hit a 4x4 in the road and caved in my front rim. (That was an exciting commute!) When I replaced the rim I installed the new Shinko Raven's that were waiting in my garage. I ran the Full Bore for 2800 miles and used just over half of the tread life. (.09" remaining). I only got 5206 miles out of the stock Metzler rear so I would buy the Full Bores instead of the Metzlers if those were my choices. I am likely to reinstall it someday if I have some front tire left and want to use it up.

More on the Shinkos in another thread.

i have the fullbore tires in my bike now. Dont think they will last much longer than 15.000km. They are now about 11.000 km. Dry track: great tires. Wet track: OMG, hope i dont die. In the rain, i feel like an ice skater...i will never buy it again, in fact, dont even want it for free...i have already bought the pirelli angel gt shoes...just waiting the fullbore m1 get totally bald. moneywise: in brazil m1 costs about 248 dollars the pair (front e rear). the pirelli tires costs about 316 dollars the pair.

regards..

Same sizes as with the Shinko 705. Rear 150/70/17 Front 130/80/17. The front does require lifting the fender.

I'm sorry if this is a really stupid question; please be gentle. I just checked and saw that the 130/80/17 was listed as a rear tire. Is there any difference between rear and front tires that would limit them to one or the other? Would there be any reason that a tire listed as a rear couldn't be used on a front or vice versa?

I'm sorry if this is a really stupid question; please be gentle. I just checked and saw that the 130/80/17 was listed as a rear tire. Is there any difference between rear and front tires that would limit them to one or the other? Would there be any reason that a tire listed as a rear couldn't be used on a front or vice versa?

Besides the common concerns about tread pattern, water dispersal, loading, and rotation direction, there's also some issue with the tire splice that may come into play with some tires. Read page 4 here about the splice: http://www.avonmoto.com/download/Tires_101.pdf

Back