• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fuel Controller is it a Vibration Eliminator? MPG Loss?

Drifter

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone with the new fuel controllers notice the vibration at 50-60 MPH being less when running in power mode? It richens up the mid range so the engine should run smoother and have a better deeper sound.

What is the loss in MPGs running the power map?

It just came out so I doubt anyone has much feedback yet. I wouldn't get my hopes up though. Fuel controllers don't fix "issues" they just increase performance, even if ever so slightly...

I'm going to guess that anyone who invests that much money for more performance is not going to be measuring mpg.

It just came out so I doubt anyone has much feedback yet. I wouldn't get my hopes up though. Fuel controllers don't fix "issues" they just increase performance, even if ever so slightly...

Ever so slightly is right, not sure why anyone would pay almost four hundred dollars for the fuel controller when it showed so little change from the factory settings. They even used a free flow exhaust in their measurements and got almost no increase... The pipes alone on my Vstar made three times the performance increase. Not that I don't appreciate the company trying, but with such a small performance increase, I think the price of the unit should be more in line with the performance of the unit. In other words it should be cheap...

The performance gain was in line with the usual performance gains with such devices. Worth it for people who like 5 percent gains in HP for "free" (no engine mods). Since the NC700X catalytic converter is immediately downstream of the engine, even removing the muffler makes virtually no difference in power. If you replace the whole exhaust system, yes. You are comparing apples and oranges with the Vstar. I agree the whole thing is kind of dumb. People who want power are usually not going to start with a vehicle designed for efficiency. I don't see a lot of hot rodding of the Prius.

I think for the way this bike was designed a slip on exhaust with no other modifications is the perfect choice. You can get a great exhaust note from this bike without loosing mpg's, spending too much money, or comprising the reliability of the bike. Honda went through great lengths to make this bike incredibly fuel efficient. It would be slapping them in the face to degrade your fuel mileage for 3 hp?! It may all be relative to how much power the bike had from the start... But 3 hp is 3 hp at the end of the day.

Anyone with the new fuel controllers notice the vibration at 50-60 MPH being less when running in power mode? It richens up the mid range so the engine should run smoother and have a better deeper sound.

What is the loss in MPGs running the power map?

I don't notice the bike being smoother. I do have problems with my right hand going numb on pretty much all of my bikes. Not sure that is an issue for you or just the fact that it vibrates a bit annoys you in general. If you don't like like the vibration being transmitted through the bars I have found that Vibranator inserts (bar ends) are fantastic, a real godsend for me. My hands don't get numb at all on the bikes I run them in. On the ones I don't, my right hand falls asleep after a few miles.

I don't notice the bike being smoother. I do have problems with my right hand going numb on pretty much all of my bikes. Not sure that is an issue for you or just the fact that it vibrates a bit annoys you in general. If you don't like like the vibration being transmitted through the bars I have found that Vibranator inserts (bar ends) are fantastic, a real godsend for me. My hands don't get numb at all on the bikes I run them in. On the ones I don't, my right hand falls asleep after a few miles.

Sounds like you might have a carpal tunnel problem in your right wrist.

Back