• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Front led turning lights always on

dejanmk

Reaction score
Visit site
i just received new 2023 Honda NC750x with deep mud grey color. Motorcycle is perfect for me but I noticed that front led turning lights is always on with yellow color and that is forbidden in EU countries. When i activate let say left turning light , left is blinking and right is constantly on. For safety purpose maybe this is good solution but i think for drivers in front of me it is very confusing. Is there a software way to disable this feature or just cut one of the wires. Motorcycle is not yet registered (iam planing that in spring) and maybe i will also have problems there.

Interesting, that's how ours are required to be in the US.

Does yours have self-cancelling turn signals and emergency braking lights in the rear turn signals?

I do not have a 2023 model, but based on past model years I would expect there to be a separate wire to the LED stalk for the turn signal and running light functions. Even if the same LED is for both, it needs a way to signal operation in two diffent brightness modes, thus I would expect two wires (plus ground). If that is the case you could disconnect the wire for the running light function. Obtaining an electrical schematic specific to your year/model/country market would give you the answer.

Generally, I would expect Honda to sell the motorcycle configured for the lighting laws applicable in the market area.

Are you sure always on indicators are forbidden in EU? If you bought from an EU supplier surely they will ensure the bike meets relevant legislation. I'd be talking to the supplying dealer

Your turn signal should have 3 wires, hot 1 (activated when you press turn), hot 2 (for DRL or daytime running lights which are always hot and usually tied in with the headlights) and ground. I would search for a wiring diagram like the one below as Hondas are generally similar between years and models. If you’re unable to trace the wires back far enough you may have to cut one by one to figure out what it does. Start with what seems obvious black or green wires are usually ground and a solid color would be hot, if there’s a striped wire, I’d start with that one. Good luck! 746119BB-2B2D-4D84-984C-2EDDA09A80DA.jpeg

Your turn signal should have 3 wires, hot 1 (activated when you press turn), hot 2 (for DRL or daytime running lights which are always hot and usually tied in with the headlights) and ground. I would search for a wiring diagram like the one below as Hondas are generally similar between years and models. If you’re unable to trace the wires back far enough you may have to cut one by one to figure out what it does. Start with what seems obvious black or green wires are usually ground and a solid color would be hot, if there’s a striped wire, I’d start with that one. Good luck! View attachment 50993
The DRLs on the front signal stalks on my 2012 NC700X are not always hot, nor directly tied in with the headlight. The running light turns off on the side that has it's turn signal activated. This gives an on-off contrast for the signal flash, which would be more visible than a bright-dim flash.

Your turn signal should have 3 wires, hot 1 (activated when you press turn), hot 2 (for DRL or daytime running lights which are always hot and usually tied in with the headlights) and ground. I would search for a wiring diagram like the one below as Hondas are generally similar between years and models. If you’re unable to trace the wires back far enough you may have to cut one by one to figure out what it does. Start with what seems obvious black or green wires are usually ground and a solid color would be hot, if there’s a striped wire, I’d start with that one. Good luck! View attachment 50993
i believe this is correct for model years 2021 and forward.

...Your turn signal should have 3 wires, hot 1 (activated when you press turn), hot 2 (for DRL ...
What you show ("...turn signal should have 3 wires...") applies to NC/CTX models in the US (and maybe Canada) that use standard automotive double filament incandescent bulbs. At the same time, non-US models used single filament bulbs (2 wire) for the turn signal and separate ones for the position lights.
Without seeing the wiring diagram for the discussed model, I would not give an opinion on the correct functioning of the electrical system.
US models:
Capture.JPG

non-US models

Capture 2.JPG

I think you are correct about that.

My 2022 has the turn signal lights on solid all the time.

Yes, my '21 has them on all of the time.

Just to be clear, as I’m curious if it’s different than my 2012, is the ’21-‘22 running light on at the same time as a signal is flashing on that side? Like I said before, mine goes off during signal flash, so the running light is actually not on all the time. The lower right corner of post #5 graphic shows the switching off of the running light within the turn signal switch.

I checked my garage and of my four Honda two-wheelers (all pre’21) that have DRLs in the signal housings, only one appears to have the running lights on the whole time the key is on. This only becomes important if a person is looking for a trigger wire for a switched accessory relay, and decides to use a running light wire. They should be aware that depending on how their bike is designed, their 12 volt accessory(ies) may shut off temporarily when one of the turn signals is activated.

Just to be clear, as I’m curious if it’s different than my 2012, is the ’21-‘22 running light on at the same time as a signal is flashing on that side? Like I said before, mine goes off during signal flash, so the running light is actually not on all the time. The lower right corner of post #5 graphic shows the switching off of the running light within the turn signal switch.
on my 2021, I just went out and checked, and the DRL goes completely out when turn signal is flashing. (it doesn't just dim)

on my 2021, I just went out and checked, and the DRL goes completely out when turn signal is flashing. (it doesn't just dim)
Thank you for that observation. Your ‘21 DRLs are not on all the time, just like on my 2012. Again, it’s important if someone was looking for a key switched 12 volt trigger wire.

Back