• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Finally sat on one!!!

TraumaRN

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been waiting for a local shop to update their inventory online showing a NC700X in stock, checking it almost daily. So today, my frustration got the best of me and I went to another shop about 40 mins way that said they had one DCT. I walked in and our eyes met instantly -- well, my eyes and the NCX's headlight.

Well, I'm here to tell 'ya...True love has been confirmed. It fits like a glove. I swear, a Honda engineer must have snuck in and measured me in my sleep. The bars are a perfect height, the grips are a perfect width, the pegs are right where I'd put them. It's perfect!!!! It took all I had to walk away from it without slapping down my credit card on the counter for a deposit!!! But, my desire to keep my marriage intact was stronger -- just barely.

My plan now is to continue dreaming, researching accessories as they become available, and try to work as much overtime as I can bear to get our finances in a spot where I can do this. Realistically, I hope to be riding with you fine people next summer.

Glad you were impressed! For what its worth, I save about $9.00 a day commuting with the NC compared to my pick-up.

Glad you were impressed! For what its worth, I save about $9.00 a day commuting with the NC compared to my pick-up.

Me too except not a pick up. Saving about $9 a day over driving my car to work, and my car is averaging 27mpgs. The bike about 65-70mpgs. ;) Good luck with wife. Took almost a year after I had to lay down my last bike until my wife let me get another one.

Me too except not a pick up. Saving about $9 a day over driving my car to work, and my car is averaging 27mpgs. The bike about 65-70mpgs. ;) Good luck with wife. Took almost a year after I had to lay down my last bike until my wife let me get another one.

I'm factoring in MPG into the evidence why I MUST HAVE this bike, too. My car gets about 25 MPG going downhill, in neutral, and with a good tailwind. Unfortunately, my commute is less than 10 miles. So, the added expense of buying the bike, plus gear and insurance, is going to take a long time to recover in fuel savings. My hope and prayer is that I'll find a leftover 2012 DCT next spring/early summer with a good discount attached to it. That should help convince my wonderful, dreamy bride!! As much as I hate to see it, the rising gas prices are doing their own thing to aide in my argument, too!

So, the added expense of buying the bike, plus gear and insurance, is going to take a long time to recover in fuel savings.

If you factor in the tire changes that will be much more frequent on the bike vs the car, you may not recover the fuel savings for a long time. Fuel might cost you 5-6 cents per mile, while tires could run you as high as another 3 or 4 cents per mile (if you pay for all the labor and only get 9K miles per tire). If you factor in the depreciation costs of the bike, I doubt you would ever save any money vs just keeping the car, assuming you would need to keep it in addition to the bike.

The point of the bike, however, is to have fun. Don't look at it from a cost savings point of view.

I have a four wheel work vehicle with unlimited personal mileage for a fixed cost. Because of my job type, I can't even commute to work on my bike if I wanted to. Therefore everything about my bikes is pure additional expense. But, I ride the hell out of them anyway.

Greg

Last edited:
The point of the bike, however, is to have fun. Don't look at it from a cost savings point of view.

Oh, I know. This bike, for me anyway, is about 85% fun, 15% practical. My wife, God bless her, is very practical and analytical. While she obviously knows it's more about fun, appealling to the practical side of the equation may just help cast the winning vote for the NC700X.

Oh, I know. This bike, for me anyway, is about 85% fun, 15% practical. My wife, God bless her, is very practical and analytical. While she obviously knows it's more about fun, appealling to the practical side of the equation may just help cast the winning vote for the NC700X.
For me, it is 85% fun, 85%praticality and 200% low-cost and price.They don't call me Math wizz for nothing. :D

In stead of doing a 75 mile round trip to work & back each day I could ride approx 2 mile to the railway station get a train which is Free and drops me litraly right outside my office door but I choose to ride the whole way just because I enjoy. Only when there is snow and ice do I take the train

For me, it is 85% fun, 85%praticality and 200% low-cost and price.They don't call me Math wizz for nothing. :D

BTW, i remember someone on FB told me, "strange that one chooses a bike for its fuel economy"....
well, this was coming from an UK guy living in Switzerland,....erm >60 years old, broke his leg badly and sold his Triumph Bonnville recently.... (sour grapes I suppose)

I was mildy offended by his tone and choice of words.

Back