• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DCT Handguard clearance?

Cagedodger

Reaction score
Visit site
I promise I've dug through the handguard posts in the mod subforum. I haven't seen anywhere that mentions if there are any clearance issues with the major handguard options and the parking brake for the DCT bike. Most of the pictures show standard models so I thought I'd post this quick question.

Does the DCT's parking brake cause any fitment or clearance issues with any of the hand/windguard options most commonly available for the XD?

Bonus question: how do most of them interact with larger windshields?

Many thanks ahead of time!

I have a DCT version & a Cal-Si Medium Touring shield. I purchased a set of used National Cycle hand guards from a cruiser. I rebent the mounting bracket and attached it to the mirrow stem, and made a brace to go to the bar end. I had to cut the guard down to make it fit. Then took it back off the bike & painted them flat black. I rode about 200 miles the outher day in 30-40 degree weather with my heated gloves on and they worked good. I am glad I got the ones I did because they could be cut down and not be noticeable.

Back