• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cost of gearbox/clutch service for DCT?

SlowSteve

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

The DCT has a very clever gearbox and two clutches in it. I was wondering if anyone has got to a point where it's been either repaired or serviced yet, and if you could give an idea of costs compared to a regular setup?

Thanks

Steve

Expect maybe at 75000 to 100,000 miles one might start to get in the clutch (es) and certainly could be higher mileage depending on use and the rider.

I have 5 years warrenty with unlimited milage. When my bike i at that age i estimate it has done 70.000 - 90.000 km. I don't expect the DCT to cause any problems. Btw the extra service cost is a clutch oil filter and a little more oil.

just make sure you change the oil and two filters.
it doesn't matter if you've only done 2,000 miles in one year all short journeys etc even some long.
moisture contaminate the oil.with engine getting hot 'n' cold this cause moisture.
I've seen gear box's with pits/rust that folks run the bike for a couple of years (,thinking I've not done much miles) before service.

I hope, it will last as long as the engine's life. You cannot burn that way the clutch as on normal bikes, just revving up the engine and put it into gear.
Just as above : change oil&filters when neccessary.

I have had a car before with aut.transmission, it was a simple hydraulic type (AL4/DP0) built for french cars. It was a disaster and a very poor mechanism. I had to change transmission's oil every 20k kms/It was written, no oil change needed, it is a full-life cycle type.../. But it still works, my brother drives it, it is over 160e kms with no faults. And it has to move 1200kgs, not 220 kgs.
In case of full replace of this aut.transmission is about 2000$.

So I guess, the DCT won't fail in the nearby future.
Don't worry about it, just use it and love it!

Back