• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Conti TKC 80 tires

TKC80 Front and Rear for me...The TKC is doing a very good job both on and off-road. Next will be TKC80. I have near 6000 km on both and the rear still have about 30% of the tread on it and the front is almost like new ! I recommend this tire without hesitation if you plan to ride on unpaved/gravel roads.

I think the front/rear Continental TKC 80 Twinduro is the best Dual Sport tires for the NC7. I also believe for on road riding that the front/rear Continental Motion is the best value in a tire of the NC7. For full time off road only, I like the combination of the TKC 80 front tire with the Kenda Big Block rear tire the best. However, DO NOT use the Kenda Big Block for on rode riding on asphalt in the rain!

Thanks a lot for the information! I just got my NC and would like to ride the forestry roads, gravel stuff in our area. Sold my WR250R and bought the NC, realized I will be on highways more then dirt trails, and needed more weather protection. It will be a big change I am sure, so now I need to get the NC setup for this spring. Thanks again, any advice and help is much appreciated!

If you decide to go with the TKC's they have the original size for the front but for the rear you'll have to buy 150/70-17 (No problem on fitment, almost the same size).
Enjoy your new ride !

Very happy with my front and rear TKC80 tires. My rear tire is pretty much worn out at 13k km's, but considering how well it's done for me off road, and not the slightest bad habit or worrisome handling issue rain or shine, count me a fan of them. A new replacement rear tire is sitting in my living room, ready to go at my next change. :)

Much appreciated guys! From everything else I am reading, it appears to be the best. I will probably be riding 70% highway and 30% off road, and want a tire that will not wear too quickly, if I can get 8-9K miles I will be happy and it appears that you have gotten much more then that.

I've got about a thousand miles on my TKC80 front and rear. Prior to these was the original tires. So far I am very impressed with the TKC80s. Great on-road grip after they are scrubbed in. I have the utmost confidence in these tires to grip in the rain and dry, where my OEM tires would slip occasionally. I'm hopeful I can get reasonable tire life out of the rear.

How does the TKC80's work with a rear hugger? Are they some huggers that work and some that don't?
And what dimensions are you running with it?

I have cut tool tubes in half at the top of my fender wale using TKC80 on rear. The rear shock does bottom out quite often in the dirt. Just can not see how there would be room for a rear fender hugger. I run the stock sizes front and rear.

Last edited:
I run the 150/70-17. The TKC80 is the tire for both street and dirt. The Kenda big block does better in the dirt, but not so great in the rain on pavement.

For those running TKC80s - how do they behave on pavement both wet and dry? Any noticeable vibration through the handlebars/grips? Noisy?

For those running TKC80s - how do they behave on pavement both wet and dry? Any noticeable vibration through the handlebars/grips? Noisy?

The TKC80 is about as good as it gets for a dual sport tire. By far the best dual sport tire when on the pavement in the rain. Some vibrations but not much and a little noisy.

While the NC is not a tire eater.........BMW and KTM guys often report less 1000 miles per rear tire. TKC80

My bike came with TKC80s. I will switch them out for street tires this year, but I have been impressed with them. I've never ridden on dual sport tires before. These have held just fine in all kinds of riding, including heavy rain. They are a little noisy, but not enough to be a problem. They look good too.

22858d1424882916-hello-iowa-bike-me-nc700x_grass.jpg

My bike came with TKC80s. I will switch them out for street tires this year, but I have been impressed with them. I've never ridden on dual sport tires before. These have held just fine in all kinds of riding, including heavy rain. They are a little noisy, but not enough to be a problem. They look good too.

22858d1424882916-hello-iowa-bike-me-nc700x_grass.jpg

Is that a stock-sized tire in front?

zirconx, do you still want to trade those for street tires? I've got a set of the OEM tires (Metzelers?) with around 4700 miles on them I'd trade. I'm just up the road from you in Lincoln.

Back