• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Best Place to buy Saddlebags/Top case?

V-FORE

Reaction score
Visit site
Are the standard Honda saddlebags roomy enough or would bigger be better? I have seen Givi 45l but I do not know what is needed yet, I am just getting ideas before I pick up the bike on Sunday...So I can haggle with the dealer to see what he will discount the bags & hardware since they are selling the bike at retail. Whatever ideas, I would be appreciative! I really like the top box and being able to put 2 helmets in it! Right now I am riding with a topbox an softbags. I really like the hard saddlebags here in the great NorthWet !

I have Givi 35l side and 52l top box. The top box will hold 2 full face helmets (one size M and one XL). I have a thread on here with install steps and pics of finished. The Givi stuff is nice. I haven't seen the Honda stuff in person, but if it is up to the quality of other hondaline products the quality would be good also. I don't think you could go wrong either way.

Thank you,

I looked at your install thread, The bags look good on the bike, I think you sold me! I thought with the Honda bags you have to take them off to fuel up? With your set up it looks like you wouln't have to? I will check your thread again & get it all priced out. Thank you again!!

you do not have to remove the honda bags to fill up, they in no way interfere. The side bags are small with a strange shape to keep overall width down, but it all depends upon how much carrying capacity you need.

Are the standard Honda saddlebags roomy enough or would bigger be better? I have seen Givi 45l but I do not know what is needed yet, I am just getting ideas before I pick up the bike on Sunday...So I can haggle with the dealer to see what he will discount the bags & hardware since they are selling the bike at retail. Whatever ideas, I would be appreciative! I really like the top box and being able to put 2 helmets in it! Right now I am riding with a topbox an softbags. I really like the hard saddlebags here in the great NorthWet !

I'm somewhat partial to these Pelican-Storm Adventure Touring Motorcycle Luggage - BMW, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Triumph, KTM, Yamaha & More

Roger at Cariboucases.com guarantees these bags for life. You break it, he'll replace it. Right now I have one stuffed with an oversuit, raingear and an extra base layer.

The Honda side cases are 29 litres each. The top case is 45 litres. The frunk (front trunk) is 21 litres for a total of 124 litres. A Gold Wing has about 150 litres of storage capacity.

The Honda side cases do have a 'different' shape, but there are specific liners available to help with packing. The Givi V35's are a similar shape but are slightly larger. The quality between the two is about equal and some have speculated that Givi actually make the Honda cases.

Here's my take on both:

Honda:

+ They fit the bike very well and can be removed very easily and quickly.
+ The Honda bags are keyed to the ignition key.
+ There is almost nothing left on the bike when the side cases are removed. It is a very clean look.
- The cases are expensive. I was quoted around $1200.00 CDN for the 3 cases set up...

Givi:
+ You have greater choice in sizes and styles.
= Givi does not make quick release side racks at this time. SW Motech hardware, available through Twisted Throttle, is quick release and is compatible with Givi cases among others.
- You will have to carry extra keys
+ The cases are not as pricey.

There's good arguments for going either way. For me, the single key aspect of the Honda cases is a big deal. I also like the narrower profile of the Honda cases. As I only ride solo, I can throw a duffel bag or tail bag on the seat behind me if I really need more room - I became quite good at pulling duffel bags off the seat for refuelling when I did light touring on my 250cc Vespa.

Back