• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

anybody upgrading to CRF1000?

ha ha no I wasn't really trying to make any connection between an Element and the NCX, lol

I love my 4 wheel box! It even matches my NC...

Q_NNaCyvDlUuqXJBfLfJmAQgxXX0gtWHJavPZjYjJ24B=w1280-h724-no

And they're not entirely dissimilar..... underpowered, exceptional cargo capacity, and good for a little 'soft'-roading :p

[/threadjack]

trey

looks like new Africa Twin will look like nc750x
with 21" front spoked wheel :)

1252807213455979697.jpg

Pity Kawasaki didn't keep going with their KLE from 1991. A parallel twin with a 21 inch front wheel, now in demand by world tour adventurers because of its small size and reliability. Compares with the new AT pretty well considering its 1991 design.

Kawasaki%20KLE500%2005%20%202.jpg

finally official info on honda website, end of this year it's indeed coming.

Overview

just on time, will ask my wife to get me this bike for Christmas :)

Do you suppose if I register on the Web site to get updates, then someday I'll actually see a clear picture of this thing? Geez, this is getting really old. I've totally lost interest . . .

image.jpg

Last edited:
Do you suppose if I tegister on the Web site to get updates, then someday I'll actually see a clear picture of this thing? Geez, this is getting really old. I've totally lost interest . . .

this is actually good tactic because interest in this bike is huge.
I spoke with the dealer and unfortunately they anticipate the price to be in range of crosstourer which will be kinda deal breaker.
There is more pics here, if they're real then front panel is like from nc700x.

2016 Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Revealed in Australian Patent Filings - Motorcycle.com News

View attachment 25091

TBH I cannot understand how a price that is comparable with the Crosstourer, can be justified. Think about it. The Crosstourer has a very complex Vee 4 engine. The AT has a basic vertical twin, nothing special there. The Crosstourer is Shaft driven. The AT has a chain. Imho, the only components that might be superior on the AT are the Suspension.

I will look at this bike if it is reasonably priced. If it is ott I will not give it a second glance for the same reason many thinking folks have turned away from the KTM Super Adventure. It is seriously over priced for a chain drive Vee twin.

TBH I cannot understand how a price that is comparable with the Crosstourer, can be justified. Think about it. The Crosstourer has a very complex Vee 4 engine. The AT has a basic vertical twin, nothing special there. The Crosstourer is Shaft driven. The AT has a chain. Imho, the only components that might be superior on the AT are the Suspension.

I will look at this bike if it is reasonably priced. If it is ott I will not give it a second glance for the same reason many thinking folks have turned away from the KTM Super Adventure. It is seriously over priced for a chain drive Vee twin.

I agree, it should be more in price range of crossrunner. KTM was always overpriced for what it is.

finally clear view and great offroad shots from testing new Africa Twin!

[video=youtube_share;OCizHWu0gao]https://youtu.be/OCizHWu0gao[/video]

Back