• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

anybody did longer travels on this bike already?

Me personally I love the bike, and if we buy it cheap and tune it a bit there's no harm I believe.

Even the bigger ones people spend Money to tune it.

Someone said above this is the jack of all trades, so if we improve the jack from stock would probably get one of the most racional/go anwhere bike in the market.

Wildeone,

I did not took specific spares, the frunk was with tools, anti puncture kits (2) some water and snacks.
Top case with clothes and water
Improvised tank bag with the lowepro trekker camera bag, strapped it to the Givi Crashbars in tarmac and in my back when offroad.

Again, biggest limitation, more than the tires was front suspension it is really a budget one (or just not intended to go hard offroad) and I am trying to find a way to take it with me next time I go to Europe to upgrade it. Back Shock did ok.

Where are you planning to go in Africa?

Soarezito,
I'm planning to ride in Morocco in April. Your country looks very nice too, is it safe to ride? no lions, bandits and landmines? ;)

I don't have yet skid plate and radiator guard and not sure if I need it. I put fenda extenda and that should divert stones from radiator shouldn't it?

Did you really make use of skid plate during your trip?

Wildeone,

Here it's beatifull, we have since tropical forest to the oldest desert in the world (namib desert) inside the country. Reasonable good roads also most of the time.
Big cats, bandits and landmines we have it but it's not how you should be thinking ;D

About the bike, my opinion is that crash bars, skid plate and raidator guard is a must. You will find yourself hundreds of km away from the next mechanic (even the smallest shed type ones) so whatever you can do to prevent upsets is priceless. I do not have in mine, but hand guards can save your ride if you go down and brake one lever. I have the puig adjustable for brake and clutch and no handguard, and took the original ones in the frunk just in case.
Fenda extenda can do part of the job but when offroading anything can happen. My skid plate was touched mostly low speed in rocky sections because ground clearance is not so good in this bike, but occasionally I was hearing some bangs from stones into the skid plate. Was it enough to make any damage?? Will never know but it gives you a whole different confidence.
Radiator guard has a nice hit marked, in the middle. That would have caused damage for sure.

What I regret not having was offroad foot pegs, that also makes a big difference when riding standing for hours.

Don't know your mechanical skills, but fork is weak for real adventure riding, mine was busted in the font left fork. Still riding it leaking but just this week it become extreme so will have to take her to the mechanic. If you have the experience and skills take some extra sealing kit and fork fluid, not much to add and can be usefull.
This will be my next upgrade, for now just repair it here and next time I go to Europe will tune it properly to sustain heavier offroad riding.

Tires also you should plan according to the surfasse you ride the most. Here is 85% tarmac (very poor grip) and the rest offroad so I did not really feel that I need to change original tires, but in Morocco if you are riding a lot of offroad you should think very well about that.

Touring screen also is a must.

When you go, share some images here and if you decide to continue south and end here say something, we can do some epic riding here :D

Soarezito,
I'm planning to ride in Morocco in April. Your country looks very nice too, is it safe to ride? no lions, bandits and landmines? ;)

I don't have yet skid plate and radiator guard and not sure if I need it. I put fenda extenda and that should divert stones from radiator shouldn't it?

Did you really make use of skid plate during your trip?

When you go, share some images here and if you decide to continue south and end here say something, we can do some epic riding here :D

sure, I'll post some pictures here when I come back safely, it's my first that long trip :)

Well, continue south through Sahara? I prefer not :)

Although I'd like to some day visit Southern Africa so we can do some riding then. :)

hi,
I am wonder if somebody did some longer trips on this bike (or nc700x)
Both are rated as adventure bikes but don't see many videos on youtube
with anybody using in them that way. Mostly commute clips or light tours.
I am interested in reports from longer journeys how nc750x behaves during rides
for many hours and days on bad roads. Something like in this clip for instance.
I'm asking because I'd like to use my nc750x for some Africa trips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eodcTpbtEnA

If you really want to know what bike makes a great adv mc watch on youtube- cycles south 1971 motorcycle adventure. Watch it and what you ride will be an adv mc.

Back