• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Am I Crazy? Heidenau K60 130/80-17 on the Front?

belrix

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My NC700X (really need to figure out its name) needs a new set of tires!

Am I crazy to try a Heidenau K60 130/80-17 rear tire on the front? I would like to run a Heidenau K60 150/70-17 on the rear.

Thanks as always for the feedback and replies.

brian

PS I know I would have to raise the front fender.

bw

I give you the reply from a BMW forum :

"The structure of the front tires is designed to withstand the braking forces only. The structure of the rear tires is designed to withstand acceleration forces, which are in opposite directions! So the tire deforms greatly, wears very quickly ... or bursts".

I had the same reply few year ago from Michelin. (for an Harley "scrambler")

I give you the reply from a BMW forum :

"The structure of the front tires is designed to withstand the braking forces only. The structure of the rear tires is designed to withstand acceleration forces, which are in opposite directions! So the tire deforms greatly, wears very quickly ... or bursts".

I had the same reply few year ago from Michelin. (for an Harley "scrambler")

That's why you mount the rear tires on the front in a backwards orientation so the forces are the same direction on the front as they were originally intended. I had a rear shinko mounted assbackwards on the front of the NC without any problems.

Bubble restored to it's original condition.
Mike

That's why you mount the rear tires on the front in a backwards orientation so the forces are the same direction on the front as they were originally intended. I had a rear shinko mounted assbackwards on the front of the NC without any problems.

Mike
Some tires even have two arrows in opposite directions depending on mounting location.

Mike

Did you mean bassackwards?:p

Back