• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Alaska Leather Butt Pad just arrived.

Ramseysteve

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered it in small, which seems to be a good fit. Does anyone have it in the medium size for comparison?

photo 1.jpg

With the pad removed the elastic strap is unobtrusive to say the least:

photo 2.jpg

Initial impression is that it feels very comfortable, and although it doesn't address the forward slope thing, the greater friction between butt and saddle should help stop the sliding forward every time I brake. Hopefully it'll stop snowing here soon and I'll find out.

I have the medium Alaska Leather as a pillion pad for the Goldwing. The medium pad itself fits the NCX seat OK but the buckles hang down just below the bottom edge of the seat. Thus, it doesn't work as intended. And of course if you don't strap it down, the first time you stand up on the pegs, it's gone!

I think you made the right choice with the small.

Greg

Last edited:
Initial impression is that it feels very comfortable, and although it doesn't address the forward slope thing, the greater friction between butt and saddle should help stop the sliding forward every time I brake. Hopefully it'll stop snowing here soon and I'll find out.

Shimming the front of the seat up to fix the slope and a sheepskin is a good combo........:eek:

I have the medium Alaska Leather as a pillion pad for the Goldwing. The medium pad itself fits the seat OK but the buckles hang down just below the bottom edge of the seat. Thus, it doesn't work as intended. And of course if you don't strap it down, the first time you stand up on the pegs, it's gone!

I think you made the right choice with the small.

Greg

Thanks Greg. The lady at Alaska Leather sid they'd switch it out for the medium if the small was well, too small. Sounds like the small is the way to go. Thanks for the info.

Steve

Back