• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Added the Kriega US-30 Bag System & Added iPhone 4s Holder (Custom) by Nite Ize

Ricky.Valdez

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wanted to share how the Kriega US-30 Bag I ordered from Revzilla turned out. I used a large sized plastic storage bin inside the bag so I don't have to always adjust the straps. This bag is quick to mount and dismount for work and the shoulder strap works out awesome.

I also used the "Nite Ize iPhone Connect Case/Mobile Mount Combo Pack" instead of paying for expensive device to mount my iPhone 4s. It fit perfect. I used a couple of zip ties to secure the base and it was good to go. I rode it on the way to work going about 80mph on the freeway, turning through the hills of San Diego to get to Del Mar going about 70mph, and stop and go from the usual stop signs. I'm new to his forum, but it was helpful to read everyone's so I thought I would pay it forward and share my experience so far.

Believe it or not, I got rid of my 2007 Honda CBR 1000rr that was super clean and only had 5800 miles on it for this NC700X and don't regret it one bit. I'm loving the gas mileage and the comfort of the bike.

I use the main storage to carry all my security gear (to include a firearm) as it is considered a lock storage. This also keeps the weight of the motorcycle centered well as I take the turns in the hills. I found the Kriega US-30 to be very functional an practical (and tactical for all the military minded people) as I tried my best to avoid side luggage's so I can still split lanes effectively in CA. It's one of the reasons to get a motorcycle in CA, traffic will drive you nuts. They say time is money, and I'm not trying to wast any time sitting in traffic for sure.

Attachments

• nc700x mods(1).JPG
    nc700x mods(1).JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,349
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! Looks like you're off to a good start... any chance you could make the pictures bigger? The bag looks interesting!

Welcome, the NC700X will grow on you. I really love mine and look for any opportunity to ride it. San Diego certainly is a great place to get in some year round riding.

Thank you for the welcome gents. Since I'm new to this forum, I'm trying to attach the pictures so they come out bigger or better (hopefully). I'll share more pictures of how the Kriega US30 System is used. Totally simple and quick system to connect since the straps stay in place.

Kriega us30 (1).JPGKriega us30 (2).JPGKriega us30 (3).JPG

This are also my other toys for me and the kiddo's (2012 XR650L & 2012 CRF50)
Toys.JPGToys2.JPG

Really cool Ricky, thanks for sharing. Does the Kriega give you some back support or keep you forward on the seat? Maybe that's why your the first person to find the bike "comfortable!" Tell us more about the plastic storage bin; where purchased, model? Hills of San Diego - one of my best rides ever was up to Julian a few years ago on a rented Harley Ultra; apple pie included.

The Kriega Bag definitely adds back support but I think I find the bike "comfortable" because I'm used to riding a Honda CBR1000R. But the storage I used is a Sterilite (no sure what size). This leaves you room for a laptop (15" or 17") under the bin and a little room for gloves and head gear on the left and right side because of the tapered shape for the bin. I have also attached pictures of where I added the anchors for the Kriega Bag straps. In addition to all this, I found that my 5.11 (8 hour pack, which is a sling bag) fits perfect in the front storage compartment. All I do once I depart the bike is grab both bags and walk away.

5.11 Bag(1).jpg5.11 Bag(2).jpgKriega US30 Strap (1).JPGKriega US30 Strap (2).JPGKriega US30 Strap (3).JPGKriega US30 Strap (4).JPGKriega US30 Strap (5).JPGKriega US30 Strap (6).JPG

Hi Ricky,

Just purchased the same bag. Look good quality.

I am trying to see from your picture how you mounted the straps. When I looked at the pictures above before I ordered I thought the fitting system (bike straps) were different.

In the bag I have four light coloured straps. Can you tell me, did you join these in pairs and then thread all the way under the seat from left to right (front and back) so that they are loose(ish), or did you find a way to use them individually and actually mount them to the bike somehow?

Thanks
Darren

Kriega is seriously nice kit. I have a US10 and an R15 pack that have been abused badly and still work well after years on a dirt bike. I tried to mount the US10 as a tailpack to the NCX but the straps on that pack have to run under the rear seat for attachment. No hooks like on the 30. Works but not the best arrangement. I use 2 old coolant jugs that had the tops cut off and one slid inside the other for my container. Gives the bag some shape and keeps sharp stuff from poking through. Looks like the 30 fits nicely as a trunk.

Back