• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2013 Triumph Trophy SE

Seabee Bob

Reaction score
Visit site
2013 Triumph Trophy – The Most Advanced Triumph Ever.

I have my eye on this one. Any positive or negative feedback would be appreciated. I do not want to go back to Harley!! This is why I bought the NC700X.

2013-Triumph-Trophy-SE-635x496.jpg

Last edited:
You wouldn't know it without sitting on it, but the shape of the seat looks like it came from the same vendor that made the NC700X seat. The bike looks sharp, though - typical sport touring.

Greg

You wouldn't know it without sitting on it, but the shape of the seat looks like it came from the same vendor that made the NC700X seat. The bike looks sharp, though - typical sport touring.

Greg

The Trophy SE will be on the showroom floors by the end of this month if not sometime in December.

It is going to take more then just sitting on the seat but riding it for an hour to truly know what the seat is going to be like. The seat like most of the motorcycles I buy will be modified or replaced. Thanks!

I gave the NCX to my son for his 26th Birthday 11/11/12.

Last edited:
Triumph has been on a roll lately. Typically the reviewers give them high praise. The only fly in the ointment for me is the lack of a local dealer. Have you checked to see if any are located around Asheville?

Personally, I'd give it a month or three and see if any of the bike magazines do a comparison test between this and the Kawasaki, Yamaha, and BMW sport tourers.

Bob

Everything I have read says it going to be the one to beat. Lots of praise so far. I like it for a full boat tourer over BMW's current offerings.

Thanks EVERYONE for your replies. I am truly sorry for being such a PINA sometimes. I am working on it and I do realize that my sense of humor and my attitude needs a little adjustment.

Now get out there and ride you Bunch Of Knuckleheads!

Myers Motorcycle
1125 Sweeten Creek Road
Asheville, NC 28803

myersmotorcycles.com

Last edited:
QUOTE=turbodieseli4i6;12793]I think you are hilarious! Plus I like the pics you send me!![/QUOTE]

This beer is for you turbo!

http://youtu.be/wlFHx4A24Ug

Attachments

• oktoberfest_girls_2009_01.jpg
    oktoberfest_girls_2009_01.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
2013 Triumph Trophy SE Preview
The return of Triumph's Tourer

Since the demise of the Trophy in 2004, Triumph’s Sprint ST and GT have been tasked with representing the touring category for the Brits. That changes later this year with the re-introduction of the 2013 Triumph Trophy SE.
Awash with electronic gadgetry and boasting a relatively low wet weight (662 lbs sans luggage), the new Trophy’s spec sheet resembles that of a BMW. And its look? Well, that’s borderline plagiarism of the R1200RT. After last year’s shootout between the Tiger 800XC and the BMW F800GS – where the visually similar Tiger narrowly defeated the GS – maybe Triumph figures it can do it again in the sport-touring division.

Besides the omission of protruding cylinder heads, and a left side final drive, the new Trophy closely resembles the BMW R1200RT. We’ll bring you a comparison between the two ASAP.

Powered by the same 1215cc three-cylinder introduced in the adventure-touring Explorer model, Triumph claims the liquid-cooled, 12-valve, DOHC inline triple produces 132 crank horsepower at 8,900 rpm and 89 ft-lb of torque at 6,450 rpm. Not exactly K1600 territory, but more than the RT’s claimed 110 hp and an exact match for torque (89 ft-lb at 6,000 rpm claimed for the RT).

Triumph has replaced the oft-complained-about chain drive of the old Trophy with a shaft final drive on the new version. Like BMW’s Paralever design, Triumph employs a torsional damping system via a sprung bevel gear in order to maintain the bike’s designed geometric arrangement. To further reduce the adverse effects brought about by a shaft-driven rear wheel, Triumph explains that a “metalastic shaft drive is used which allows a certain amount of compliance in the shaft assembly.”

The 1215cc Triple powering the new Trophy utilizes a counter-rotating balancer to smooth crankshaft vibrations.

Probably most impressive about the new Trophy is its laundry list of hard-wired components. A standard Trophy will be available in other markets, but only the higher-end Trophy SE will arrive on North American shores.

All Trophys come standard with ride-by-wire throttles, traction control, cruise control, linked ABS (front brakes partially activated by rear), and an electrically adjustable windscreen. According to Triumph, with the push of a button, the windscreen is positionable within a range of 6.5 inches. When restarting the Trophy the system utilizes a memory function to automatically reposition the windscreen to its last pre-set position.

Separating the SE from its common counterpart is an integrated audio system with Bluetooth functionality as well as USB input and iPod/MP3 player compatibility, plus an electronically adjustable suspension package from WP and a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).

The “switch cube” controls the Trophy’s arsenal of electronic gadgetry.

Operated via a left handlebar-mounted “switch cube” and displayed on the Trophy SE’s LCD screen, the Triumph Electronic Suspension (TES) adjusts the rebound damping for the 43mm inverted fork and monoshock to three pre-set positions (sport/normal/ comfort), while the preload of the monoshock can also be stiffened to three different settings depending on load (1up, 1up+luggage, 2up).

The Trophy’s multi-function LCD screen with dual trip computers compensates for ambient light level brightness and displays information including: TPMS and cruise control status, gear position, audio system information, fuel gauge, range to empty indication, clock, air temperature, frost warning, headlight position adjustment as well as settings for optional equipment including heated seats/grips.

Missed opportunity. Had Triumph installed a full-color display instead of a black and white one, it could have got a leg up on the competition.

The Triumph Dynamic Luggage System (TDLS), also introduced on the Explorer, is said to help maintain chassis balance by allowing each 31-liter saddlebag to move through a damped five-degree arc. The optional 55-liter top box, featuring wireless connectability when installing or removing for the 12-volt internal socket, attaches to a sliding carriage which also allows a limited amount of lateral travel. We have yet to thoroughly test this new approach to luggage fitment, but look for a comprehensive evaluation soon.

Seat height for both Trophy models can set to either 30.3 inches or a taller 31.1 inches, while heated front and rear seats are optional additions. Triumph is touting 10,000-mile service intervals, with major services needed every 20,000 miles, and a two-year unlimited mileage warranty.

Back