• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Motorcycle Awareness Month.

Fuzzy

Reaction score
Visit site
I do see the signs and bill boards more often in the last few years than anytime I can remember in my life time. So, I know someone is reading them.

My pastors wife almost pulled in front of me one day. It was the classic "I looked and didn't see you - until the second before I pulled out".
That second look is a great thing!

I almost pulled into a biker that was in my blind spot. The bad thing was, I saw him not a minute before that. Since I couldn't see him (blind spot) I though he'd turned off.

I personally do not think a sign on the side of the road or the bumper stickers are doing a bit of good. Just my opinion. When I see a person cruising down the interstate texting or talking on there phone they are not thinking about the "Start Seeing Motorcycles" sign they saw three days ago.

I ride all week long. When I drive the car on the weekends I don't think to myself "watch out for bikes". I'm pretty much focused on where I'm headed or listening to the wife tell me stuff. There are a few sign close by my house. I see them everyday. The sign does not change how I drive. I look real good before changing lanes and I do look for bikes but it is because I ride. Not becasue of a sign. People that do not ride do not think about us. My opinion again.

Just like the article said "YOU need to watch out for YOU".

I live by the adage that most car drivers don't even see me and ones that do see me are out to kill me. Works pretty good. Stay out of the killing zone of the former and avoid the latter.

I'd like to think Motorcycle Awareness Month helps and it probably does to some degree, just not much.

I don't know how effective the campaign is. I just know it's worth the effort to try.

Back