• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Front Sprocket Case Saver

L.B.S.

Fixed Idea
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there room to fit a case saver of some kind ahead of the front sprocket?

Random motorcycle of unknown make and model picture, to illustrate:

I haven't even looked in there yet. I hope there is enough room for something, even if it's simply a curved piece of 1" steel strapping somehow wedged in.

*cough* HondaBikePro *cough* ;)

I would imagine there is already one in there. Most chain driven bikes come from the factory with some kind of case saver. If you want to go +1 on the front a lot of times it has to be removed.

This is all speculation as I have not looked

I would imagine there is already one in there. Most chain driven bikes come from the factory with some kind of case saver. If you want to go +1 on the front a lot of times it has to be removed.

This is all speculation as I have not looked

Hmmph. I've been buying the wrong chain drive bikes all these years, apparently lol :eek: None of them have had one!

It's possible there might be a vestigial metal reinforcement strip in the plastic of the sprocket cover, but I have as yet to confirm this too.

Thought briefly about a larger sprocket swap and room to fit potential, but I don't think that there are going to be very many people gearing the NCX down even more. Having said that, there still is the ability to do that with the rear if desperately needed, I guess.

Is there room to fit a case saver of some kind ahead of the front sprocket?

Random motorcycle of unknown make and model picture, to illustrate:

I haven't even looked in there yet. I hope there is enough room for something, even if it's simply a curved piece of 1" steel strapping somehow wedged in.

*cough* HondaBikePro *cough* ;)

I am coughing, i have had the flu the last few days. no place to mount a guard in the front cover.. but if you keep a good chain on it, and adjusted correctly should not be a issue on braking a chain. dale

I am coughing, i have had the flu the last few days. no place to mount a guard in the front cover.. but if you keep a good chain on it, and adjusted correctly should not be a issue on braking a chain. dale

the flu, yuck! that's no fun. 'sposed to be quite bad this year :(

Back