• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Brake light stays on, after fender eliminator install

cozycabin

Reaction score
Visit site
Can't figure it out. I hooked the stock brake light back up and it did the same thing. It wasn't the quickest or most graceful install as I was working around some permanent luggage, but I'm reasonably experienced working on my toys and such. It's driving me crazy. I'm pretty sure a brake switch didn't go bad in the time I chose to get rid of the bulky fender.
Anyone have any idea? I verified the correct matching of the wires and like i'd said, hooked the old one back up to the wires and it stayed on as well.

Start with disconnecting wires from brake switches, one switch on a time, just to eliminate a problem.
If a brake light is still on, most likely your new connections are wrong.
Check voltage at brake light's G/Y (green/yellow) wire. It should be zero.

thanks for your reply. I am going to disconnect those switches today, I just didn't see how it could affect them being mechanical while i put the eliminator on. As for the wires,they've been checked and rechecked. There's only one ground to make everything work, then running and brake late wires, whether those are switched around or not, believe me I tried that to troubleshoot, and the green yellow wire is bringing the voltage to light the rear light full brightness any time the key is on. I'll check the switches and report back. thanks for taking the time to look at my problem and reply. Much appreciated.

fixed, my brake light may not have been working since I lowered the brake to compensate lower pegs. It didn't sit all the way back down in the bracket (the light switch). Scary! good thing I did the tail eliminator as i never saw the brake light activated@

Check your switch adjustment also.
It is easy to get it out of adjustment while working near the switch.

Back