• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

CTX700 DCT ABS test ride - one more DCT presentation.

lootzyan

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm bringing this video from Portugal (almost 2 years old) because I find it as one of the best presentation of DCT bike by someone experienced with manual NC700.
This is his first test ride of CTX700 DCT ABS (not much different than NC700XD).
His riding style (lane-splitting) maybe little bit scary to look at to some folks, but that is pretty common in many countries.
There is interesting comment why, in EU, there is CTX700 and not 750, at least in 2013.

[video=youtube;foxceoGsB3k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foxceoGsB3k[/video]

I follow this guy on youtube. He bought an NC700x a couple of years ago, but now he owns a different bike (one of the Yamahas-FJ09).

Last edited:
I've test ridden a CTX700 DCT twice. The seating position is not for me, (but it's way better than the NM4). The seat is more comfy than an NC700X, but the feet go in the wrong place. I noted if you load the bike with 320 pounds combined rider and passenger, the rear suspension is about sacked out.

Last edited:
I have a good friend with a CTX700D. He has leg problems so the low seat height is necessary for him. He did a 4 corners ride and being retired puts tons of miles on it. He couldn't be happier. The issue is seating position and most of us here prefer the NC seating position over the CTX. The guys on the CTX forum prefer the feet forward position and the two groups will never see eye to eye on this.

I've really only talked to one CTX owner. He liked the bike for the cruiser style and it was his first bike. After some experience building he planned to get a Harley.

If one rides long distance, standing on the pegs sure adds to the comfort factor. If one has a short inseam, lot eazier to put feet on ground. Like I have always said - "The bike has to fit you and your needs, not anyone else's".

Back