• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New XSR 700 do you like it?

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
good lord its uglier than a badgers ***!!
obviously I don't like it.
it'll be a bugger to keep clean with all that nooks/crannies.

2YamahaXSR700.jpg

21a1pl.jpg

Yamaha's take on the Ducati Scrambler. These bikes are reputed to be a lot of fun to ride but the styling does nothing at all for me. This is a poor attempt though as some aspects of the bike look like bits are missing.

Not that I would buy one, but it looks ok to me, except there is way too much black on it. They should paint the frame and wheels a bright color. The chassis and engine has the look of "machinery". I prefer that look over the common copycat chromey cruiser look that has existed for 100 years.

Last edited:
It looks almost "old". I like it's looks. As with most bikes though, it probably wouldn't fit a 6'2" frame.
It seems only adventure bikes are made for tall people

yamaha IMO have serious design problem since some time, I would literally not want to have any of their current models...

It looks like a Japanese company trying to make something that looks Italian. I think it looks great. Reminds me of bikes from the 70's. Not as pretty as the Ducati but nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am an old guy and think it looks fine. Is it because I rode bikes from the 70s and 80s or that I am more pragmatic and just don't like having to go through a bunch of plastic bling to do a small chore?

I think newer younger bikers do not do as much work on their own as the "last generation" did. They are used to paying a professional to do their thing. They therefore accept another 30 to 60 min of labor "for nothing".

Part of this I agree with because things are much more complicated than they used to be. Since the introduction of "rocket science" there is too much to know in all categories and we must limit ourselves because it is impossible to keep up. I used to know more about more stuff than I do now.

My NC was bought for it's utility and ease of maintenance, not for the way it looks. I don't follow trends in looks. It is a distraction from the real world. Like makeup and hair dye.

So...........I like the way it looks. It looks just fine. I don't care that the Princess Ducati might look a little better. I want to look under the skirt anyway. I want to see what it looks like in the morning. Not just what it looked like as I was being............well you know.......distracted.

Last edited:
this looks much better...

kawasaki-w650-2-625x416.jpg

To each his/her own, of course, but I see VERY little difference between that old Kawasaki and the new Yamaha XSR 700. Both have a painted tank, round headlight, black fender, and fully exposed frame and engine. Looks to me like nearly identical bikes done in the same style, just in a different era of technology.

2YamahaXSR700.jpg

Last edited:
this looks much better...

and these...

Yes Johnakay but you cannot buy theses at your dealer brand new! I have the dream to have a CafeRacer someday but it's a lot of work (part time I may spend years on that) and a lot of cash or simply a big big lot of cash...probably as much as a brand new bike...dunno what I'd choose if I had to choose now...:confused:

Back