• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Google maps with weather forecast

netizen

Reaction score
nc700-forum.com
That get your attention??

This is something I've longed for, for years and I think maybe technology has advanced enough to finally do this.

Who better than Google?

We should all send Google feedback via Google maps asking for a forecasted weather option to be added to Google maps. I've already sent mine.

There is a send feedback link right in Google maps

What do you think?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Link still not working getting redirect error. I'm on wunderground site, where can I find the link to this on site?

I read an article sometime back that said the weather layer feature in Google Maps was allegedly removed. I did see that Google Earth has a weather/forecast layer. Not sure if this is close to what you're looking for -- but this in a stand alone application. I'm thinking somewhere somebody has future/forecasted weather data (or an API) in a layer that can be superimposed in Google Maps.

Image2.jpg

I see Google Earth has a built-in color-coded traffic layer too...was just looking at it -- but no Waze layer although it has been requested as a plug-in. Apparently Google bought Waze. But I hear you -- I'd prefer something browser friendly myself.

Waze is somewhat integrated in Google maps already. The accidents show up and I think road construction. No way to report though. They are just importing that info into Google maps

Waze is somewhat integrated in Google maps already. The accidents show up and I think road construction. No way to report though. They are just importing that info into Google maps

Well, Waze is owned by Google too...

I dont use Google Maps anymore for routing, I use a different site which is geared more towards motorcycling (thanks to the developer working directly with motorcyclists from different sites like ADVRider). http://www.furkot.com There is a button on Furkot to show current weather, however it only shows the weather type (sunny, partly cloudy, rain) without any other detail. There is a request for more detail on a mouse-over so we'll see.

Using Wundermap for a good overview of the route's weather just by putting in the start and end points works well enough to give a general weather pattern along the route, even it the route is not the exact driving directions you will be taking.

WunderMap® | Interactive Weather Map and Radar | Weather Underground Then there is a tab on the right side of the map for Travel. I don't know why the first link didnt work for you - may be how you are browsing this site on the tablet.

I dont use Google Maps anymore for routing, I use a different site which is geared more towards motorcycling (thanks to the developer working directly with motorcyclists from different sites like ADVRider). http://www.furkot.com There is a button on Furkot to show current weather, however it only shows the weather type (sunny, partly cloudy, rain) without any other detail. There is a request for more detail on a mouse-over so we'll see.

Using Wundermap for a good overview of the route's weather just by putting in the start and end points works well enough to give a general weather pattern along the route, even it the route is not the exact driving directions you will be taking.

WunderMap® | Interactive Weather Map and Radar | Weather Underground Then there is a tab on the right side of the map for Travel. I don't know why the first link didnt work for you - may be how you are browsing this site on the tablet.

I am using chrome browser on a nexus 7, running cyanogen. This would be a good tool for route planning, I'm wondering if the weather is time specific for the time you would be traveling through that area, or just the weather for all areas at the time you pull up the route?

I can't see the route map I enough detail to tell exactly what it is showing. Sounds like Google is already in the process of adding this though, which is great. I think some GPS had a subscription service that did this as well but I never owned one that offered it.

I'll have to get" a laptop and try this, it's not working for me
On the tablet. I think it's my issue though.

Last edited:
Has to be the tablet/browser you are using. I have since tested on IE, FireFox, Safari as well as on my iPad with Safari and Chrome. All work fine.

You can put in specific travel dates for the Weatherunderground site, but keep in mind, dont go into the future too far.

For the lack of a better thing, I use this, It gives you a pretty damn good idea about the weather, where it's moving, what speed etc,.... I went on trips based on this map AGAINST the forecasted bad weather and the other way around and , knock on wood, it never let me down yet :)

Intellicast - Weather Active Map

What I hope we will eventually have is Google maps, with it's turn by turn guidance, and the forecasted weather imposed over top of the map your currently following. You would be able to see weather before you ride into it giving you time to stop and "suit up" or stow away anything you don't want getting wet.
Perhaps Google maps could even suggest alternate routes that avoid bad weather.... That would be great

Back