• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adventures of Nana Chou - Daytona 200, 2015

Two things.....make that three
1- thanks for the video
2- didn't you just have a new clutch installed?
3- I recognize the t-shirt !
Make that four-
So much for ATGATT!

Two things.....make that three
1- thanks for the video
2- didn't you just have a new clutch installed?
3- I recognize the t-shirt !

So far I know of 4 folks who have blown their clutch. Talked to 1 via PM, and 2 at a dealership. All four of us had on dirt tires, and road a lot in the dirt. I have not figured out yet, the cause and effect. I have them all beat as I have now blown 3 clutches.

This time I was in your neck of the woods. I was dead center over the Mississippi River on the Baton Route bridge at rush hour. The stop and go line over the bridge was about 10 miles of stop and go traffic. No warning at all, the clutch just quit. Had to call 911 quick, as the 18 wheelers came within inches. Took about an hour for the police to even get to me. Three real nice Baton Rouge officers showed up. They got the traffic blocked off, flagged down a college senior in a pickup, the 5 of us loaded the bike manually into the rear of the college student's pickup truck (that was a real trick), and off to G N Gonzales we went. Unloaded the bike using the ramp at G N Gonzales.

Having know all 4 Mr. Georges for years, his Daytona race pit crew overnighted the new clutch the next morning. The next day the clutch arrived about 11:30 AM at the dealership. Had to let the new clutch plates soak a few hours in oil. The emergency flashes running for over an hour on the bridge caused my 3 year old battery to go dead also. Replaced the clutch and the battery and off I went. Left G N Gonzales on my motorcycle at 5 PM and arrived in Daytona at 5 AM. Drove straight through. Did not get much sleep, as the race bikes began warm ups at 8 AM. Yes, getting there this year was a real adventure unto itself.

Last edited:
Wow. I'm impressed. Sorry that it took a trip to the dealership, but what's an adventure without a few hiccups. Glad y'all had a good time.

If I remember right, even his re-used disks would be new. I mean he just had the clutch replaced not too long ago. He was complaining about having to repace it with only 50,000 miles on it.

A unique opportunity at Daytona is riding on the beach.

Not sure why OCR forgot to post this video of the ride. ;)

Rented bikes to not get salt on our NCs.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=798316320216743&fref=nf[/video]

Last edited:
Back