• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Roadtrippers - Has anyone ever used it?

Deckyon

Reaction score
raven.deckyon.com
As I am sitting here waiting to get my bike, I am looking for places to go and trips to make. I came across the roadtripper site and app and wonder if anyone has used it to any extent?

Might be interesting, especially if you can customize it for back roads only, ect. I use a GPS and set up my travels ahead of time with the waypoints I'm interested in (water falls, ect).

Living in the middle of this county, you don't have to worry about where you are going. Just take off riding and you will surely find great places. Besides it is a lot more fun when you are lost, and not have to worry about where you are, where you are going, or what time you got to be there.

Have only just started looking, so I have no opinions yet, was hoping others did. Seems like it is like a crowdsourced listing. Probably should have put a link up. There is an app.

https://roadtrippers.com

I personally haven't used this site but I'm sure it may have some goo features but most GPS units (Garmin....) have traffic and gas/hotel/meal locations included and have route planning software included. I have Garmin primarily for the ability of the MS Marshal duties I do where they can create a route(s) {bicycle routes 15/30/60/70 miles} on back roads and the GPS allows us to not get lost and know where the next break point is for the riders. I also use it to plan bike routes where I do not know the area well to keep me from getting lost and showing where the next fuel stop is (nice to know with a 3.7G tank).
I would also look at the Butler Map Site Butler Motorcycle Maps where they have mapped the best roads for motorcycles on and off-road in many states. I Found several "new" roads to ride in my own state I had missed using Butler. They also have a route planning software "Ride Social" but I have never tried it. I love their maps but they are not cheap and it is hard to look at when traveling down the road at 65 .... :-(
Good riding.
Boz

Can you imagine gboswellsac and I riding together. I never have to worry about where we are, where we are going, or what time we will get there, as he has it mapped out to the second.

Seriously, I do like riding with gboswellsac. If you are on a schedule gboswellsac is the greatest to ride with. Besides he knows better than to put me in the lead, as we could miss the entire convention, and that has happen to me before. I once got him to ride over the Million Dollar Highway totally unplanned, and it was not in his plans at all. Some roads look to good to pass up, and conventions all look the same after awhile.

Last edited:
Can you imagine gboswellsac and I riding together. I never have to worry about where we are, where we are going, or what time we will get there, as he has it mapped out to the second.

Seriously, I do like riding with gboswellsac. If you are on a schedule gboswellsac is the greatest to ride with. Besides he knows better than to put me in the lead, as we could miss the entire convention, and that has happen to me before. I once got him to ride over the Million Dollar Highway totally unplanned, and it was not in his plans at all. Some roads look to good to pass up, and conventions all look the same after awhile.

Opposites attract.

You give me too much credit OCR, the alternate routes you took us on were the most fun. The gas station closed on Hwy 6 (2 bars on fuel guage showing) , and 95 miles to next services was a hoot, and good training for me. I plan because I get so excited about looking at the sites I would forget why I was there, remember I70 in Utah, we never passed a single scenic turn out. And as to the lead, you did that so you would have something to film in front .... Honestly I've viewed and reviewed the posted videos you shot so many times the grandkids know where we are by hearing the music..... I think you have the big edge in that you have > 1.5 million miles on two wheels and have been just about everywhere....I must say I had the time of my life those two weeks and you gave me a healthy desire to go everywhere on the X. I'll be at the NC HU and I'm heading for Alaska end of May and plan on making the D2D on my way back down to the Baniff Ice Fields. I have a left knee giving me heck but it will have to wait a while .... you were instructional in that also.... Ride until the Dr. takes you off the bike and then do surgery..... Thanks again for a great trip and a ton of training...

boz

Back