• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lazy Leola Sunday

gharshman

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Saturday night, Donny posted that he wanted to ride on Sunday. Since neither of us could get up early, and Donny has been fighting a cold, we decided to keep it somewhere close to both of us. We met in Double Springs, Alabama, interacted with the locals who couldn't believe we were riding in December, then headed up 33 to Leola.

Not much of a ride report --- I'll let the pictures and video convey the mood. The purpose of the day was to practice picking lines on a nice curvy road, and also to practice video and photography. Donny used my Nikon to shoot photos of me --- I think he has a knack for it. You can see him moving around in the video to get the best vantage point!

Click on HD!

[video=vimeo;115189209]http://vimeo.com/115189209[/video]

2014-12LeolaRoad10_zpsc803ba3f.jpg

2014-12LeolaRoad13_zpsd0e32f44.jpg

2014-12LeolaRoad15_zps5acf9c51.jpg

2014-12LeolaRoad16_zpsaee97247.jpg

2014-12LeolaRoad18_zpsbe3787fc.jpg

2014-12LeolaRoad19_zps87637f88.jpg

2014-12LeolaRoad20_zps84c5a3eb.jpg

2014-12LeolaRoad21_zps94caf732.jpg

2014-12LeolaRoad22_zpsba69ae92.jpg

Had a "07 Venture, really liked it but just a little top heavy.

Clement Salvadori from Rider Magazine is the one person who accidently hurt the sales of the Venture more than I can remember anyone hurting the sales of a bike.

What Salvadori said in his test ride article was that the Venture was down on power!

What Salvadori meant to say was that the Venture was down on power when compared to the motorcycle from which the engine came from.

The engine was the V-Max engine, and at the time the entire motorcycle industry was down on power compared to the V-Max.

Salvadori wrote a number of articles at the back of Rider Magazine apologizing for this mistake, but the damage was done.

Walk in to any Harley Dealership and say anything about a Venture, and the first thing you heard was " You mean that Motorcycle that is Down On Power ".

Yamaha had detuned the Venture on purpose to give the Venture a 5 year warranty, but it was still a lot more powerful than most bikes in the market place and a lot more powerful than any Harley, but the damage was done by one author's accidental mistake in writing an article.

Back