• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Yamaha FJ-09

I like everything but the 44 mpg!

Well, I was about to chime in and say I bet it'll do a good bit better than that, but I looked at the FZ09 Fuelly page and that's right about what the triple seems to be averaging - Yamaha FZ-09 Mileage | Fuelly

My dad's FJR returns the same mileage with 1300cc and 600lb to lug around. Wonder why it's so low? I sure do like everything else about the FJ09.

trey

My guess (based on everyone's opinion of that motor) is that people could be getting better MPGs out of it, but are having a hard time keeping the right wrist tamed.

yea prius gets 50. when are motorcycle going to catch up? the NC700 and CTX700 seem to be the only 600-700cc motorcycle that capable of 65+mpg i have seen a high as 80 mpg.
The bmw g650gs gets our range (I had one, got the same fuel mileage as the nc700x).

The bmw g650gs gets our range (I had one, got the same fuel mileage as the nc700x).

according to most people on fuelly bmw only got 55-58 mpg very few people got 65. while on the nc the average is 65 and some are getting 70-80 mpg . and dont forget BMW fuel octane requirement is 91 octane while the NC is 87 octane

BMW G650 GS Mileage | Fuelly

The 2009 BMW G650gs fuel requirement was 87 octane per the manual. I didn't do Fuelly when I had mine. I put 36,000 miles on it in less than 4 years, and constantly got 65-72 mpg. On the Blueridge parkway/skyline drive-84mpg for 600+ miles. The beemer actually got better mileage at 80mph on the interstate than the NC700x does. The 91 you mentioned is European, for US the 2014 bmw g650gs is still 87 octane (just looked it up). EPA on the 2014 bmw g650gs is 74mpg (US) at 55 mph-just saying.

The 2009 BMW G650gs fuel requirement was 87 octane per the manual. I didn't do Fuelly when I had mine. I put 36,000 miles on it in less than 4 years, and constantly got 65-72 mpg. On the Blueridge parkway/skyline drive-84mpg for 600+ miles. The beemer actually got better mileage at 80mph on the interstate than the NC700x does. The 91 you mentioned is European, for US the 2014 bmw g650gs is still 87 octane (just looked it up). EPA on the 2014 bmw g650gs is 74mpg (US) at 55 mph-just saying.

thanks for the info, i thought it was 91. then new 2014 mpg on BMW is better then the NC!!!! so there is a bike with better MPG then the NC. !!!!!! very nice!!! now they just have to make it with a DCT and shaft drive and am ready to jump ship!

The Yamaha FJ-09 really does look sweet. I'll need to avoid the local Yamaha dealer when they get one on the showroom floor. :)

I love, truly love my NC700X but the FJ-09 is awful tempting!

Stay Strong

brian

I went and seen it. I'm assuming $12,500 out the door for one. It's a beautiful machine, fast, clean, thin being 3 cyclinder, and did I mention beautiful. But, I'm still happy with the NC and it's practical application. I think this motor will last us all a long time.

The Yamaha dealer called and they received a FJ-09 and wanted to know if I wanted to come over this weekend for a test ride!!!

I'm very tempted by the FJ-09 but I keep reminding myself of all the farckels I could buy for the NC for the price difference...

What's the service interval (in mileage) on the FJ-09? I like the NC's 8K service intervals.

Back