• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Alpine Highway 4 in Calif

Grey1one

Reaction score
Visit site
This is 15 minutes of our 1:35 ride to the Eastern end of highway 4. We do pass through a few areas where the trees are turning to fall colors. Even at 720p it pixelates at full screen for me, the raw footage wasn't nearly as bad.
[video=youtube_share;R_ehsfvzSU4]http://youtu.be/R_ehsfvzSU4[/video]
Alpine Highway 4 Part 4 - YouTube
The lead rider is Larry who we met at the HU rally, we had never ridden it before and chose to follow as he had.
I used some non-copyrighted music, you may want to mute it.

Last edited:
The is a pretty area to ride!

To embed the video, in the editing toolbar is an icon that looks like film. Third icon from the right. Click on it and paste/type the URL to the video.

The pixilation is the YouTube compression. It doesn't handle the contrast of bright sunlight to shadows very well.

ride to the Eastern end of highway 4. We do pass through a few areas where the trees are turning to fall colors.

Very nice ! This is a part of California I've never visited, only the Bay area, the redwood forests and the Napa valley - and it's been something like 20 years :D.

Kind regards,

Tapani

Enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing. At first I thought you were riding a single track one way road since I didn't see any center line markings. But then two oncoming cars passed, so it must be two way.

Sonora Pass (el. 9,624 ft. / 2,933 m.) is the second-highest highway pass in the Sierra Nevada

Ebbetts Pass, named after John Ebbetts, (el. 8,736 ft or 2,663 m) is a high mountain pass through the Sierra Nevada range in Alpine County, California.

There are also a couple around 7700 if I'm remembering right.

I noticed that elevation changes really don't show well in the video for some reason, maybe it's the fisheye lens.

Back