• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Brand new 2013 700 or 2014 750?

tapsak4

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

I have the choice to either buy an unregistered 0-mile 2013 NC700X DTC for a very good price or a 2014 NC750X DTC for close to sticker price.

What else should I think of than the increase in torque and HP?

Are the transmission identical? I think I've seen somewhere "second generation" mentioned when talking about the 750.....

Thanks for any insight - I am a total novice on everything NC related.

Kind regards,

Tapani
Finland

I am going to vote 700 if the price difference is say US$800 (or 10%) or more. No point buying the new one if you can save more than that.
BTW, it is called "DCT".
:p

You may save even more if you buy a slightly used 700. Say 1 year old?

Anyone that tries to give you advice from the United States will be "BIASED". This is due to that we do not have any of the 750 Models of the NC family of bikes. No one can truly advise you on the "Pros & Cons" of the 750 verses the 700 from over here. You should look to the advise of other members that are in Europe or other countries.

I hope that you find this information to helpful to make an informed decision regarding your future purchase.

I recommend you watch this video...

[video=youtube;oPtZYfM7A6c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPtZYfM7A6c[/video]

The trip meter will work on the 2013.

My trip meter works and I also have a gear indicator.

I was in the same position you are in. This spring I could have bought a discounted 700 or buy the new 750. I chose the 750 because to me I didn't want to regret getting a 700. The way I looked at it Honda made changes to the bike for a reason and I wanted the benefit of the changes and didn't care about the money factor.

Ruggybuggy has a point. Latest and greatest ! If you have the money, then why not.....

I own a honda 700x w/dct. I bought it new and I like it. I cannot advise about the 750 w/dct because we don't have it here in the states.
I do believe on guy on youtube, I think his name is cageron2wheels ??? did a review of the 750 w/dct and he did mention that honda did improve on some items.

Ken

at the end of the day ask yourself what do you really want?
a 700? nah a 750?
your bound to get different opinions some you will like some you won't.
another question is how big is your wallet can you afford that extra $800?
what ever you choose you WILL find some thing to moan about.
no such thing as one fits all.
now I've got a 700xdct as much as I like my NC700,if a 750 was available at the time of purchase I would have gone for the 750.
why you may ask?
for a start a little more umph would be nice to have but thats about it.
the only fault that the 700 has and well documented on here is that dreadful seat.
and yet some find it is OK.
would I buy the 750 now?? no to me that little more is not worth me forking out another 3 or 4 grand of uk pounds.
currently I'm very happy with my NC700, I've had faster bikes/slower bikes but this 700 is plenty fast enough for me.
have a lokky here...

[video=youtube_share;DjvV08fjr00]http://youtu.be/DjvV08fjr00[/video]

[video=youtube_share;xTOy5wZWKJQ]http://youtu.be/xTOy5wZWKJQ[/video]

Last edited:
Yeah,

I test rode a manual NCX today, 16.000 kms on it. Very nice. The transmission is ok even for me to shift. Much easier on me than most. It might be even a bit easier if I carefully adjust the shifter to the ideal position - which was not quite the case. It was a tad too high. Anyways, it seems I have enough force in my ankle to be able to ride in comfort.

Then I rode a CTX700 with the DCT. What a weird bike ! About the tranny.... mmmmm.... I am not so sure anymore. I may opt for the manual version.

The thing with the cubes is - the EU A2 licence restricts the power to 35kW. This is something to concider since my sons will grow out their 125s in two years and the 750 won't fit their bill - it has 3 kW too many :-(. Also the DCT might not be ideal for them to learn on.

As it appears there are still a number of unregistered 2013s and even a few 2012s available at dealers. I will talk to all of them and see what kind of deal they can close.

Thanks for all your opinions !

Kind regards,

Tapani

Give that DCT a little time and it will spoil you. Sure it is odd at first after many miles on manual and you will be reaching for a non-existent clutch, but once you are used to it I doubt you will regret it.

Give that DCT a little time and it will spoil you. Sure it is odd at first after many miles on manual and you will be reaching for a non-existent clutch, but once you are used to it I doubt you will regret it.
Especially in stop and go traffic......I have a manual. There was one time I was stuck on I-40 with OldJeff, I was wanting the DCT then.

I have to agree with Fuzzy on this one. I too sometimes still reach for the "Phantom" clutch lever and shifter from time to time...

The sensation of accelerating without you having to jam through the gears is therapeutic. Give it a chance, you will not regret it… :)

I am on the fence with the DCT.
Let me tell you why I did not buy the DCT:
1. It cost more.
2. If it breaks, it will definitely make a dent in my wallet and happiness
3. I prefer to shift manually, call me a macho man
4. Dealer advised me to get manual too, he had a race mechanic background
5. If I get so used to DCT, I may forget how to shift with the next bike or a friend's bike etc.

To each his own.
You can choose DCT if you desire.
:D

Please my responses to your questions/statements below.

I am on the fence with the DCT.
Let me tell you why I did not buy the DCT:
1. It cost more. - That's all nogatiable.
2. If it breaks, it will definitely make a dent in my wallet and happiness - There's thread for everyone to post their mileage and any issues that they have experienced. So for on the highest mileage unit there has been "No Major Issues", just the normal scheduled maintenance.
3. I prefer to shift manually, call me a macho man - Riding a DCT goes not take away from your "Manhood". Having a smaller "Member" would have a greater affect on that.
4. Dealer advised me to get manual too, he had a race mechanic background - Poppycock, that's just an option. Options are like noses, everyone has one.
5. If I get so used to DCT, I may forget how to shift with the next bike or a friend's bike etc. - This is another "Crook" and another excuse. I have 3 other "Clutched" bikes, 4 if you counted the CB1000R I picked up for my nephews. I can switch back and forth all day long with out any issues. All that I have experienced is reaching for a clutch lever and foot shifter that are not there. The left switch control is a different matter of it's own.

To each his own.
You can choose DCT if you desire.
:D

depending on how long you plan to keep your bike, if you plan to keep for a long time- get the 750. there some refinement on the engine that might be worth it.

keeping for only a few year of fun.... save some money and get the 700.

@Brillot2000 re: post #14

Talking about "Member" sizes?
"Poppycock, that's just an option (sic). Options (sic) are like noses, everyone has one"? :confused:
"Another Crook and another excuse"? :confused:

Give it a rest, man. You're not earning commissions on DCT sales, are you?

Last edited:

Thanks for all your responses. Fuzzy especially. I think you are right. Yesterday was my first ever ride on an NC and also with a DCT - but this was the really odd CTX - edit, not a CTX, but an NC Vultus] - sorry for the mixup !! That's just too weird - even though my summer time daily driver (car) is a turbo charged Subaru SVX :), with a modified automatic power train too. Just as odd.

I am not afraid of the DCT mechanically - I love to do major open surgery to all my stuff. So if disaster should strike I would take that as a challenge.

I have my eyes on a VERY low mileage DCT (30). I will give it another chance.

Thanks again - all of you !

Kind regards,

Tapani

PS The Vultus was a 750 - I had to really concentrate on riding the bastard - I noticed no difference in engine smoothness or performance.

Last edited:
it like riding a push bike ,you never forget!
I haven't ridden a push bike since I was a little nipper and recently had a go on my son's.
a little wobbly at 1st but soon got the hang of it.

Back