• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Stones River Battlefield Ride

Fuzzy

Reaction score
Visit site
Took a ride through Stones River Civil War Battlefield in Murfreesboro, TN and toured museum. Also tested my new SJ4000 camera, a cheap Chinese knockoff of GoPro. I like the $85 camera.

[video=youtube;ApVmGUHi1qk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApVmGUHi1qk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Nice video and music, Fuzzy. I attended Middle Tennessee State University for my masters degree after I returned from RVN.

Thanks for the video. My dream trip would be to visit all the battlefields of the major battles of the Civil War.

Thanks for sharing the video. Enjoyed it for several reasons. 1: Shot while riding the NC, 2: Fun facts about the railroad while a train passes by in the background. (Fun fact about me, I used to be a locomotive engineer) 3: Facts about artillery, (I was a Cannon Crew member in the US Army for 5yrs. Hence the cross cannons in my avatar.) 4: I'm getting one of those cameras!

My great-great grandfather for whom I was named fought in that battle. I got his muster papers from the national achieves. He was 17 years old at the time. He got a civil war pension. He was born in Newport, Cocke county, North Carolina along the French Broad river. During the civil war the Cocke county court house was burned down so many times by both sides that it was finally carved into the mountain so that neither side could burn it down again.

JDE, a bit of trivia. After the war battle sites were tourist attractions. Railway excursions brought tourists to Stones River helping the local economy. In 1906 the railroad built the artillery monument seen at the end of the video, located to be seen from the train.

Fuzzy what are these camera like on bumpy roads.
I just watch a video of this camera on you tube and it has a camera shake but the guy was wearing it on his belt.

Thanks for the video, Fuzzy. I love the music and commentary as you rode thru. It gave me the goose bumps.

I just watch a video of this camera on you tube and it has a camera shake but the guy was wearing it on his belt.
Here is another video starting with over a minute on gravel leaving a camp ground. Shake is OK I think.

[video=youtube_share;OT180AvYoWY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT180AvYoWY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
thats brilliant,thanks fuzz.
I may buy one soon.
as I understand it it will record an hours worth.
so I may take it on hols and record our trips etc.
the only problem is getting it uploaded onto my PC and then onto the dvd. my son sort that out for me (some times).
got to admit I'm more of a how shall I put it ..I can make things but when it comes to the complicated side of the PC(to me it is)I get lost.
so you tubes will be out.

My battery will go for about 90 minutes. You can also run it off a USB power cord, but will have to drill a hole in case for cord.

I transfer to my PC by just putting the SD card into PC.

Nice job! Lots of people are taking excellent photos nowadays because of the advancement of camera technology, but it takes special effort to shoot video and then take the time to cut it down to the best segments, add titles and a soundtrack, etc. Not many people doing that. Thanks for taking the time to share!

Last edited:

John. Did another video to test off pavement and low light. Second half of this video on gravel road with speeds up to 50mph. I am happy with results.
[video=youtube;rdJf2FuK3bQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdJf2FuK3bQ[/video]

Back