• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750X Istanbul City Riding 42 minute

I was stationed in Italy back in the early 90's at Europe’s only US airborne unit. We trained with the Turkish army a couple times a year. After these training sessions we would be given a couple days or R&R. Two of those times were in Istanbul. I was on foot so we only saw a small portion of the city. It is huge. We were dropped off in front of Beyazit Mosque. If memory serves me you could see another Mosque from this same location that was a bit further away and it had a different color dome. We would walk the streets and explore. I've been to the Grand Bazaar a couple times. More gold in that place that I have seen in my entire life. I've bought a few puzzle rings from that bazaar. It was amazing how cheap food was. The Gyro's were awesome. The meat hung by the vertical rod and they carved it off right in front of you. The gyro and a coke was $1 back when I was there. We crossed one of the nearby bridges and to my surprise was a KFC. I did not expect to see that there in 1991. It was great to experience a different culture. Thanks for the reminder.

I bet those cobblestones are slippery when wet. I was never in Turkey but spent 5 years in Kassel, Germany in my teen back in the late '60's.
The "old" world is just....different. I remember thinking about some of the places we went and thinking even some of the houses are older than the USA.

I wish Louisiana had lane splitting.

Welcome to the forum aytacaksel. You should introduce yourself in the intro section.

Last edited:
Back