• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tiger 800 XC anybody?

kaibil1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Does anybody here has experience with Triumph as a brand (support, reliability, etc)..and more specifically with the Tiger 800 XC?
I've been reading a lot about that bike lately and I'm also considering it (not sure if as an add on or replacement for my NC). It seems that everybody at ADVRIDER Forum loves it and consider it as do all bike (like the NC). In this case, my interest is more based on want than need but still I wanted to know if you guys have any opinion about it.

I have 29K on my 2012 Tiger 800 Roadie. Nothing but maintenance, original chain. Bulletproof so far and The Girl will be riding it on a 2 week New England / Canada trip at the end of the month. 4K oil changes and lots of tires and The Girl loves the bike like no other. She loves the Tiger almost too much. The only performance mod has been to reduce performance, up one tooth on the front sprocket. It is a 50 mpg mile eater that hangs with the ST1300 no problem and can almost catch the mighty NC in the mountains but that may be a rider thing. :)

Donna says there is no other bike in the world she would rather have than her venom yellow Tiger 800 ABS. Been a great bike for the first two years and gives every indication it will continue...knock wood.

KEB

I have a Triumph 1200 Explorer. I tried the 800 but was not in the market for it anyway as I needed the extra power for two up touring. However my point in writing here is in my dealings with Triumph as an organisation. In short I have found them to be satisfactory to deal with. The 1200 was very troublesome initially as a new model but in fairness Triumph set all to rights, and I am now happy with the bike apart from its suspension which is budget and accordingly gives a corresponding ride.

My initial ride on the 800 was pleasant. Nice bike that handled well, and was very easy to get on with from the outset. One needs to rev it fairly hard to get the best out of it, but it is a free revving engine anyway. It is reasonably proficient offroad, but if you take the KTM950/990 series as a baseline top notch big trail bike , it is not quite in the same league. There is really not much else I could say about it as the ride was too short to form any longer term opinions. Overall a good motorcycle.

I spent a month going back and forth over the Tiger and the NC. The NC won on cost and fuel economy.

I'll know in a couple days if a Tiger Roadie will replace my NC. This happened fairly quickly.....but my eyes have been straying a couple months now. Been to the dealer 4 times to look/sit/talk about it and I rode a friend's Tiger XC one day last week up in the mountains. The turbine smooth 800cc three cylinder engine makes great music. On the 500 mile ride home on the NC I made up my mind to pursue the deal I need to make it mine. No deal no change of bikes. I will test ride the roadie version tomorrow or Thursday.

Back