• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Vibration with Givi 1111 FZ Sidearms

mgmirabelli

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had my NC now for 15 months and finally decided to take a road trip to Shenandoah National Park in Va. next month. I wanted to install a top case for additional luggage capacity and installed the Givi 1111 FZ monorack sidearms with the monokey plate. I haven't bought any luggage yet as I'm not sure what size I want. The installation was a snap. It only took about an hour and it actually looks quite sleak without the luggage. However, I immediately noticed a siginificant vibration, especially when I got close to the shift points between 4th/5th gear and 5th/6th gear (around 3000 rpm). It's bad and very noticeable. I took the monokey plate off the racks and went out for a ride and the vibration was gone so it's clearly the problem. The vibration may be dampened when I attach luggage but it would be annoying to have the luggage permanently attached to avoid vibration.

Has anyone had this problem and, if so, is there an easy fix? Thanks.

Try loosening and re-torqueing the plate for the foot pegs after installing the monokey plates. That got rid a vibe I had after installing something (think it was the centerstand or may have been the engine guards).

I have the same Givi mount (haven't bought a top case yet) and have no vibration whatsoever. But....I also have the side pannier mounts which help to keep everything aligned and snug. You didn't mention what model Monokey top plate you have, mine is the M7 but that shouldn't make a difference.

I would pull the 1111FZ completely off and reinstall it making very sure all washers were assembled correctly and in the right order.

I have the FZ1111 and have no vibration at all (from that area) .

BTW- I shift closer to 4000 rpm ALL the time. I have a very slight vibration around the 3K mark and then it's noticeable around 4K on. Very very smooth around 3,200 - 3,800.

I took the bars and the monokey plate off (like a numb nut I dropped one of the washers in the bike). I reattached everything but left the bars loose while tightening the plate. After the plate was tight, I went back and torqued down on the bots holding the bars to the passenger handles. I went for a short ride and it seemed better. I'll know more when I take the bike to work tomorrow. Thanks everyone.

Back