• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Does riding the DCT version deliver better MPG

iBob

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,
As Honda UK seem to be slow in fulfilling the needs of budding DCT converts I'm thinking of foregoing the ease of DCT for the manual version.
A simple question: Is fuel economy the same for both models? Or does the manual burn more?

I'm fed up waiting for the DCT, so as long as the two versions are similar in MPG for your buck, I'll be looking to go manual instead.

Cheers,
Bob

The best MPG is officially with the DCT version.

If you can match your shifts with what the DCT version does, low rpm etc you will do better aparently. The manual has less stuff to haul and simpler mechanics.

Last edited:
This is a moot subject. :rolleyes: The difference is so small it will depend on the rider more than the bike. Both transmissions use six hard gear sets, basically the same type clutch(es), and nearly the same gear ratios. The power losses in either type transmission are similar. The DCT weighs a little more but that weight is not enough to impact mileage.

The real test would be a long term test with the same rider comparing the two different bikes. The only case I know of is HONDABIKEPRO, whose says he gets better mileage with the manual.

My Fuelly number is probably in the top 3% or so at around 77 MPG average. I ride a manual. That's not to say I wouldn't do as well with a DCT.

You won't get the positive answer you want from this forum. You are going to hear it both ways. I certainly wouldn't make a decision based on the perceived mileage difference. I wouldn't go by what Honda publishes for specs either since typos there are quite common. Buy the transmission you want.

Last edited:
Hang on in there for the DCT, you won't regret it.

You may well regret buying a manual if you've already been looking at DCTs.

How long is the wait?

Hang on in there for the DCT, you won't regret it.

You may well regret buying a manual if you've already been looking at DCTs.

How long is the wait?

My local dealer reckons it will be September/October :mad:
Cheers,
Bob

Back