• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nice way to spend a day!

searsboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Got out for a nice 250 mile ride Sunday.
Rode everything from interstate to barely marked trails!
Most of the unpaved is from a ranch in the La Grange area...yes I had permission!!! :cool:

The Honda handled very well in all the road conditions and the DCT was nearly flawless...it doesn't like to engine brake going slow down a steep incline in manual mode!

Here's the vid...hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPy4Myp0i9I

I did enjoy it! I would have wanted to stop and camp/explore some of the places I saw. Looked like the dirt was perfect, not too dry or wet.

Did you eat at Murphy's Steakhouse in Winchester, Tx.? I do like that ride and Murphy's steaks. Good Video.

Didn't eat at Murphy's this time, but have been there on many occasions. The ranch is 5 miles from Winchester, but has a La Grange zipcode.
I've been working part time on this ranch, 2500 acres, for over a year now.
Usually go up there and spend several days at a time when working.
This was just a day trip on the bike....all pleasure, no work!

BTW: Murphy's not only has top grade steaks, but also has cold Shiner Bock on draft served with frozen mugs!!!!

I did enjoy it! I would have wanted to stop and camp/explore some of the places I saw. Looked like the dirt was perfect, not too dry or wet.

Yeah, I've been looking for an opportunity to get up there and camp on the river.
They have a couple of 4 wheelers that we've used to explore a lot more of this property.
The 4 wheelers can go almost anywhere!

You're so right about the dirt conditions...it was perfect!
A lot of the roads are new and some are being layered with rock over the dirt (like in the beginning of the vid where the hills were). The rocks are squirrely, but I'm just grateful to be able to ride there!!!

When I saw y our video was name La Grange something immediately came to mind. Is there really a little shack just outside La Grange? I was hoping for this song as your background music.

[video=youtube_share;GTUoANFRLRE]http://youtu.be/GTUoANFRLRE[/video]

When I saw y our video was name La Grange something immediately came to mind. Is there really a little shack just outside La Grange? I was hoping for this song as your background music.

[video=youtube_share;GTUoANFRLRE]http://youtu.be/GTUoANFRLRE[/video]

Yes, that legend is based on fact. I'm not sure if the "shack" is still standing or not.
It was affectionately called "the chicken ranch" here in Texas and was much more than a shack!
There was a do-gooder TV personality in Houston, Marvin Zindler, that was instrumental in shutting down the place in the 70's. Dang it!!!
Here's the poop!
Chicken Ranch (Texas) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I used youtube database for this vid's music. With this method I have only been able to use one song per video and there's not too many 10 minute songs in their base....and I've never found a popular hit song there! Dang it!!!!

Yes, that legend is based on fact. I'm not sure if the "shack" is still standing or not.
It was affectionately called "the chicken ranch" here in Texas and was much more than a shack!
There was a do-gooder TV personality in Houston, Marvin Zindler, that was instrumental in shutting down the place in the 70's. Dang it!!!
Here's the poop!
Chicken Ranch (Texas) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I used youtube database for this vid's music. With this method I have only been able to use one song per video and there's not too many 10 minute songs in their base....and I've never found a popular hit song there! Dang it!!!!

I believe the movie Best Little Whorehouse in Texas with Burt Reynolds and Dottie Parton was based on this place and the TV personality.

I believe the movie Best Little Whorehouse in Texas with Burt Reynolds and Dottie Parton was based on this place and the TV personality.

Yes,

Dom Deluise played Marvin Zindler
Burt Reynolds played Sheriff "Big Jim" Real name is T.J. Flourney
Dolly Parton played Edna Milton the Texas Madam
Charles Durning played the governor
Jim Nabors played Deputy Fred

When the stage show came to Houston, Marvin Zindler played himself on the big stage.

Got out for a nice 250 mile ride Sunday.
Rode everything from interstate to barely marked trails!
Most of the unpaved is from a ranch in the La Grange area...yes I had permission!!! :cool:

The Honda handled very well in all the road conditions and the DCT was nearly flawless...it doesn't like to engine brake going slow down a steep incline in manual mode!

You boys in Texas aren't the only ones to go out on a "Great Ride" on their DCT...

My nephew and I did a over 350 mile ride on Sunday from California's World Famous San Fernando Valley to Lake Isabella. Here's the route we took out SFV to Lake Isabella, I-5 to SR 178.

We did freeway, country roads, and canyon riding to get there and back. We encountered, warm temperatures in the 90's, vineyards, agriculture, roadside river, livestock (cattle) in the roadways, historical buildings, high altitudes, and high cross winds. NaNCy meet every challenge that was thrown at her with the greatest of ease. It was a "Great" day for a ride...

Feel free to take a look at my ride album, Brillot2000 - Lake Isabella, CA.

The Best MPG that I got on this trip 61.8 MPG, a personal best. However we were stuck behind some slow moving rolling cages for many those miles in the canyons. We also did some slow speed canyon carving too, once we got off the main highway.

This route is shown in the map link. There were only few "Cages" to cause us some minor delays. Otherwise we were cruising at about 40 MPH on a not well traveled road, just as well maintained too. Every corner was blind, a cow could have been at every turn. We only encountered a single group and plenty of cow-patties in the roadway along the way. Sure was FUN!!!

Back