• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mojave beauty: lunch in Vegas

StratTuner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I went to IN N OUT for a hamburger in Las Vegas... 250 miles from home one way.
I decided to cut through the Mojave desert preserve and past the city of "Kelso" which is a single train depot stop.
On the way there I met one of the regions tortoises:
IMG_4239a.jpg
There are posted signs along the highway cautioning drivers to beware of these guys, but in two or three visits, I had never seen one...until today.
IMG_4238a.jpg
The clouds and the scenery were spectacular. The roads I used were between I-15 and I-40 on the map on the way from San Diego to Vegas.
Anyone want to go some time?
IMG_4242a.jpg
Vegas was busy and cool and fun in its own way. The In N Out I like is just over the freeway from Excalibur and N.Y./N.Y.
You can see the spire of NY/NY just barely in the photo.
IMG_4245a.jpg
I sat and talked with a BMW rider who had a special plate fitted to his rear rack (I thought of you, HondaBikePro).
It allows him to mount and carry his other road bike!
IMG_4246a.jpg
All in All, it was a good day. It took twelve hours round trip.

That is a first. He is really dedicated to riding anything with two wheels. Awesome. Nice pictures. Thanks

On the behalf of your pics I feel that you had enjoyed much and will be continued tortoises also play an important role during your trip and I want to know that how much weight of that tortoises?

On the behalf of your pics I feel that you had enjoyed much and will be continued tortoises also play an important role during your trip and I want to know that how much weight of that tortoises?

French:
Merci . La tortue pesait environ cinq livres . J'ai apprécié ce voyage beaucoup. Beau temps . Voici une photo de ce même jour .

English:
Thank you. The tortoise weighed about five pounds. I enjoyed that trip very much. Good weather. Here's a picture from that same day.

IMG_4242a.jpg

Back