• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Elusive NC700 gloves!?

calfinm

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking for the NC700 of gloves! That go to glove you own. Like all motorcyclists I'm sure you have a collection but there's a glove that you grab by default as you go out the door for your everyday ride.. So like the NC its practical, reliable , comfortable and has a wide range of usages. I have winter gloves and race gloves so it doesn't have to do everything. Its probably called a mid season glove I guess?. The only caveat is I want waterproof as a fine sunny day here can always mean rain.

Im also not a brand snob, so even if they are available but mainstream "unfashionable" Im still keen to hear about them!

Last edited:
I just wore a set of gloves out and need a new pair. The set I use the most I would say are my Firstgear Master gloves. They are waterproof and work perfect for temperatures between 40-70F. They don't have knuckle protection.

The problem with finding a waterproof glove that has knuckle protection is you can't really seem to find anything cheap. I can find some decent gloves at a good price but they usually wont have one or the other.

The set I'm going to purchase here real soon are the Alpinestars SMX-2 Air Carbon Gloves.

Alpinestars SMX-2 Air Carbon Gloves - RevZilla

Those Alpinestars are very similar to a pair of gloves a friend just emailed me.. "Five" gloves is a brand I have never heard of but they look to be pretty good.. Waterproof, armored, and lined...but like you mention not cheap (to be fair Im prepared to spend a bit more this time around). Both of these are a major step above my now thrashed 5 year old RJay.. Alpinestars I can get locally so thats cool, thanks.

Five_X-Rider_Waterproof_1__80592_zoom.jpg

Last edited:
Those Alpinestars are very similar to a pair of gloves a friend just emailed me.. "Five" gloves is a brand I have never heard of but they look to be pretty good.. Waterproof, armored, and lined...but like you mention not cheap (to be fair Im prepared to spend a bit more this time around). Both of these are a major step above my now thrashed 5 year old RJay.. Alpinestars I can get locally so thats cool, thanks.

Five_X-Rider_Waterproof_1__80592_zoom.jpg

I like these. What is the price?

I use the Held Air and Dry Held Air N Dry Gloves - RevZilla. They have 2 chambers. One that flows air very well and the second is a Gore-Tex lined 'waterproof' chamber that also works well in cool weather. Armored, wiper on the finger, plus the palm is kangaroo. If it gets really cold or I know I'll be in rain for a long time, my experience is Gore-Tex eventually leaks, I have these nylon overmittens Nylon Overmitten | Rain Gear | Motoport | 105.931. They are a total wind block which really helps in the cold, roll up and fit in a pocket, and are only $12US.

I use the Held Air and Dry Held Air N Dry Gloves - RevZilla. They have 2 chambers. One that flows air very well and the second is a Gore-Tex lined 'waterproof' chamber that also works well in cool weather. Armored, wiper on the finger, plus the palm is kangaroo. If it gets really cold or I know I'll be in rain for a long time, my experience is Gore-Tex eventually leaks, I have these nylon overmittens Nylon Overmitten | Rain Gear | Motoport | 105.931. They are a total wind block which really helps in the cold, roll up and fit in a pocket, and are only $12US.

7.jpgMany good gloves on the market. In a winter glove look for the 3M Thinslate tag to keep fingers warm.

smileyidea.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
The gloves I wear the most are my 3 finger East German Army Motorcycle gauntlets. The only have 3 fingers (actually one for the thumb and 2 for the 4 fingers), green leather, with no insulation (make great warm spring day gloves). Whenever I wear them out, I probably will never be able to find another set (I happened to find these stuck behind a bin in an old Army Surplus store).

Why do motorcycle gloves need knuckle protection? I would think if in a crash, protecting my knuckles would be way down on the list.

Why do motorcycle gloves need knuckle protection? I would think if in a crash, protecting my knuckles would be way down on the list.

One reason I could think of is on a low side get off if your hand gets caught between the bike and the ground.

So when that big nasty biker starts hitting on your lady in the local saloon, you won't hurt your knuckles!

SargeantChucks answer sound pretty plausible though.

Anything by Held.

Held is pretty much the cat's pajamas.

Many of their gloves are available in half sizes. So while the big multi-line brand has 5 sizes of their "best" glove, Held will often have 9 or 10. Size 8.5 works best for me.

8.jpgI have three sets of gloves I use depending on the weather. Racing Kevlar gloves for hot weather, 3M Thinsulate gloves for cool weather, and electric gloves for cold weather. Don't believe one glove could cover the temperature changes.

SmileyTalkingHands.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:

Ever had a rock spin up from under the rig in front of you? And ping off you knuckles? If not, you're lucky, I know that HURTS! :)

Ever had a rock spin up from under the rig in front of you? And ping off you knuckles? If not, you're lucky, I know that HURTS! :)

Good thought. I have not been hit in the knuckles but could see that happening. Been hit in the helmet, arm, legs, and chest many times. That is another thing about the NC. The tall windscreen blocks a lot of that. I'm not used to having so much screen in front of me and it definitely has benifits.

Back