• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

bluebird day

Looks like you had a great time riding! Give me a yell and we will go riding with two NC700. I just live a short distance from you, down Hwy 6 to Webster.

Nice videos. You always do a good job with them. Hey, I think I ever saw some hills, some trees, and curves. I thought everything in Texas was flat and straight!! It does appear that you have a lot of nice motorcycle roads to ride near where you live; almost makes me want to move there. The only problem is I would die in the heat. After living 27 years on the Oregon coast where a HOT day for us is low 70's F, I have trouble in the heat. Thanks for sharing and keep riding.

Nice videos. You always do a good job with them. Hey, I think I ever saw some hills, some trees, and curves. I thought everything in Texas was flat and straight!! It does appear that you have a lot of nice motorcycle roads to ride near where you live; almost makes me want to move there. The only problem is I would die in the heat. After living 27 years on the Oregon coast where a HOT day for us is low 70's F, I have trouble in the heat. Thanks for sharing and keep riding.

Isn't a cold day for you something like 30?

Sounds like dream weather to me. (except for maybe the rain I've heard so many rumors about... though part of me feels like people in the northwest spread those just to keep the rest of us out, a theory that I later learned might have some basis in reality)

But any time you long for somewhere else to live, just be glad you don't live in MN our "warm front" leaves on Sunday...
Sunday
Cloudy with scattered snow showers early and steady light snow likely later in the day. High 22F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 50%. About one inch of snow expected.

Sunday Night
Periods of light snow. Low 3F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 50%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.

Monday
Overcast. High 2F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.

Monday Night
A few clouds. Low -21F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.

-21F with 10mph wind is a windchill of -40 (F or C) just for the record.

Last edited:

Thanks danrev!
There's a few good roads around here! Central Texas has got the real hills and there's actually mountains in the Big Bend area. The weather on the day I rode was absolutely perfect. About 45 when I left the house in the morning and it reached a high of around 70. I was lucky enough to be able to get out & enjoy it! :cool:

Isn't a cold day for you something like 30?

Sounds like dream weather to me. (except for maybe the rain I've heard so many rumors about... though part of me feels like people in the northwest spread those just to keep the rest of us out, a theory that I later learned might have some basis in reality)

But any time you long for somewhere else to live, just be glad you don't live in MN our "warm front" leaves on Sunday...

-21F with 10mph wind is a windchill of -40 (F or C) just for the record.

Too cold for me! I don't think I could live north of I-10 let alone in Minnesota!!!

"Isn't a cold day for you something like 30?

But any time you long for somewhere else to live, just be glad you don't live in MN our "warm front" leaves on Sunday..."

anglachel,
Most of the time our winter temp is in mid to high 40's F. Does rain here, mostly in the winter months. Summer and fall can be wonderful with very little rain. But then again, you have to remember that in Oregon we have a "dry rain" so it isn't that bad. I lived almost 8 years in NW Iowa so I know something about your winter cold. Golf course shut down late September and didn't reopen until May.

Back