• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Elusive Duplicate Key - Finally Found!

silverhound

Reaction score
Visit site
Well after numerous trips to local hardware stores I finally found a locksmith shop that had the right blank to make a duplicate key. I always like to have a couple spares and keep one hidden on the bike "just in case". Total cost for two-$5.83. For those of you who may be interested I'll save you a trip if you want to call ahead and see if they have the right blank. It's an Ilco X265 HD109. This is the US non-chip key. I'm sure it can be cross-referenced with other key blank manufacturers.

Here's a close-up of the elusive key...

key_zps3f45ae4e.jpg

I've had this exact key for a year now. I keep it in the storage lock. I got tired of having to shut down the bike to get into the frunk, and didn't want to have more wear and tear on my bikes ignition key.

The only downside with key is it is not as strong as the OEM. Mine has developed a slight "twist". Still works, and still can start the motorcycle.

I cut one and attached it to an old silver stereo knob and leave it on my frunk all the time. Got another spare hanging on a nail in my garage.

Glad you all have found places to have them made...which means...YOU ALL could have saved me a trip to three hardware stores by posting the key blank number like I did! :p :p :p

It's ok, I forgive you. :rolleyes:

This time...:mad:

It's for my wife's NCX because it's not a matter of "if" she locks the keys in the frunk, it's a matter of "when". Don't tell her I said that.

Last edited:
Glad you all have found places to have them made...which means...YOU ALL could have saved me a trip to three hardware stores by posting the key blank number like I did! :p :p :p

It's ok, I forgive you. :rolleyes:

This time...:mad:

It's for my wife's NCX because it's not a matter of "if" she locks the keys in the frunk, it's a matter of "when". Don't tell her I said that.
I'm pretty sure a forum search would have turned up a thread or two about key blanks.

I'm pretty sure a forum search would have turned up a thread or two about key blanks.

Funny you should mention that. I did do a search but the thread I turned up seemed to have some disagreement whether the X265 HD109 blank was the correct one or not. You and Porko were debating this...Key Thread Post.

Turns out it does work the ignition just fine.

For me the best solution was to hide a key on the bike that only opens the frunk. The real spare key is in the 'secret' compartment in the frunk. Actually the spare keys for the bike, the Givi cases, and the small helmet lock are in that compartment. Unused to keep that spare in one of the air vents but that didn't work out. Now I keep the frunk only key... Somewhere else.

I took a pocket from a jean apron and bolted it to the side of frunk where screws already are.i keep the givi keys in it.the spare frunk key stays in coat.

What happens when you lock your keys and your wallet in the frunk?

My wallet never goes in the frunk but that is a good point. Another though I have had it to put a spare in one of my jacket pockets. That will never go in the frunk. My jacket always goes in the trunk and I can't lock the trunk without the key.

I try to keep my keys either in a lock or in my pocket. Once I pull the key out of one lock it goes directly into another. So far so good.

Back