• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014 Kawasaki J300 Scooter First Look

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
Kawasaki has followed suit with the other motorcycle companies by having Kymco build their new scooters. I know that Kymco has the best of the development and research in the industry right now, but it just seems like it will not be long before every thing will be built by Kymco and have that small and well hidden "Make in China" sticker.

2014 Kawasaki J300 Scooter First Look - Motorcycle USA

Kawasaki J300 Scooter Forum

smileysmug.jpg

Last edited:
I remember when Taiwan, where Kymco is located, was our friend and the west poured tons of development money into it. Now made in China has some of the negative connotation that "made in Japan" had in the 1950s and 60s. Life is a circle sometimes.

I would tend to differentiate between Taiwan and the Peoples Republic of China . However the politics of these countries are not important for the purpose of my post. The PRC are currently putting motorcycles of various labels into the market place. They are indeed in a similar place to the bikes from japan in the 50's and 60's, but in the same manner that Japan improved their products to the world beater status that we have today, the PRC are steadily catching up.

Taiwan, on the other hand, have been producing premium products of various types for years. I am hitting particularly on Bicycles. Almost all the major Bicycle manufacturers have frames made in Taiwan. Even that American icon Cannondale, have some of their frames made there. I am also aware that in the scooter world some of the Big 4 have their machines made outside Japan. I recently had occasion to look at a Yamaha 125 scooter and it was labelled " Manufactured in the PRC". I would not have known if the shop owner hadn't shown me where to look for the label. Does it bother me ? Not as long as Yamaha are happy to put their name on it. I will shortly try a PRC bike that is aimed at bikes like the NC. I think the brand name is RK here in Europe and the engine is based on a Kawasaki twin. I will keep an open mind.

Back