• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adventures of Nana Chou - Copper Canyon, Chihuahua, Mexico - Are you interested?

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
7.jpgOk, I have now been home for almost a month now. Wife tells me I have to be here for Thanksgiving, daughter's birthday.

But the day after Thanksgiving is a coming. How does Copper Canyon, Chihuahua, Mexico sound?
In 80's during daylight and 50's at night.
4 times bigger than the Grand Canyon.

• Requirements for entering the country

To enter Mexico, all tourists need to have a permit called Customs Form for Tourists, which is valid for 180 days. This document is available at airline offices, travel agencies or Mexican ports of entry. Each passenger must be provided with one.

As of 1999, a Non-immigrant Tax (DNI) is charged in Mexico, which is intended to promote tourism and improving immigration services. This tax must be paid upon leaving the country. Its cost is 294 pesos. (About $24) For more information, visit the National Immigration Institute’s webpage at Inicio - Instituto Nacional de Migración

Legal, permanent residents in the United States or Canada do not need a visa to enter Mexico. I carry my pass port.

Other requirements

In addition to their personal items, all passengers entering Mexico may carry a maximum of $300 dollars in merchandise; otherwise, they will have to pay a fee. All baggage is subject to review by the Mexican customs

Is anyone on this forum interested in going with me?

Smileywink.jpg

Last edited:
Technically, just as in the U.S. if the vehicle remains in the country more than 30 days, you are required to license it in Mexico. Just carry your title with you. This is universally under-enforced, so should not be a reason. US insurance is not valid in Mexico, so I purchase Mexican insurance at the border, liability is about $50 for 30 days.

Last edited:
When coming back into the states from Mexico, they just require picture id to show you as a citizen. Driver's license works. I have always carried my passport no matter what county I have been to over the years, and never once had a problem. My father did have a problem one time in China, but that was because they wanted him to help on Terracotta Army discovered in China (1974). After her retired, he did volunteer archaeological work every summer with Baylor University.

In a couple of weeks I will be off to Copper Canyon. Has anyone on this forum ever been to Copper Canyon, and can suggest must roads to ride or places that are a must see.

Copper Canyon: Copper Canyon Mexico Adventure Trips

[video=youtube;Tm-lOBpV4L0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm-lOBpV4L0[/video]

Last edited:
Back