• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Can't "Like" in The Bar?

silverhound

Reaction score
Visit site
For all posts in The Bar section of the Forum I don't see the ability to "like" a post. I can do it everywhere else. Is this a setting I somehow changed?

Yes you can. And the Admin also added "Thanks"...
:p

Sorry but no I can't. I can see the "like" and "thanks" controls below each post in all the other sections but not in The Bar. I can see the Post Thanks/Like viewer controls to the left under the member info but that's it. :(

The status area is there but I do not see the option below that to "Thank for this Post" or "Like a Post". That option should be below the "Report a Post" icon and it is not.

There definitely are some curious things going on...

I have seen 3 or 4 posts that I Liked yesterday, that are mysteriously gone today, and I disabled the: "get an email when you have received likes/thanks" in my Settings yesterday morning, yet my inbox was flooded with them again this morning. I double checked, and the option showing is still set to "disable" as I left it, so I shouldn't be getting those emails :confused:

There definitely are some curious things going on...

I have seen 3 or 4 posts that I Liked yesterday, that are mysteriously gone today, and I disabled the: "get an email when you have received likes/thanks" in my Settings yesterday morning, yet my inbox was flooded with them again this morning. I double checked, and the option showing is still set to "disable" as I left it, so I shouldn't be getting those emails :confused:

I hadn't done that yet but just found it and did. Thanks

I don't like this new like/thanks thing, plus it got rid of all the old likes.

Agreed, and I am (still) getting emails for "likes" plus now every thread I look at is acting like I'm Subscribed, and is sending me emails about replies in all those threads too! Ack! :eek:

Make it stop, lol ;)

***My setting/s had changed to "default" for Subscribing to threads and sending notification emails to me. I have never subcribed to a thread ever, so this was new to me lol. Hopefully disabling this setting will work, even though disabling the receive emails for Likes, doesn't appear to do anything :eek:

Last edited:
Agreed, and I am (still) getting emails for "likes" plus now every thread I look at is acting like I'm Subscribed, and is sending me emails about replies in all those threads too! Ack! :eek:

Make it stop, lol ;)

***My setting/s had changed to "default" for Subscribing to threads and sending notification emails to me. I have never subcribed to a thread ever, so this was new to me lol. Hopefully disabling this setting will work, even though disabling the receive emails for Likes, doesn't appear to do anything :eek:

Me too. I have mine set to know and I'm still getting noticfied.

how do I stop getting likes info in my emails?(not pms)

Click on "Setting" up top. When that page loads click "General Setting" and scan half way down the page. Select "Disable Likes Notifications".

Capture.jpg

Last edited:
Back