• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Picture halp!

L.B.S.

Fixed Idea
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My fiendish IPad insists on uploading all the pictures upside down to this site. :mad:

In the member gallery, I posted 3 pictures, all are upside down. I go to "edit", and it happily gives choices for rotating, flipping vertical, horizontal, and even "rebuild thumbnail" (whatever that is) etc.

The problem is, it doesn't work. I can flip the thumbnails properly, but it changes nothing regarding the pictures! Super frustrated, I thought fine, I'll just delete the nasty things, and start over from my "normal" computer.

I'll be darned if I can figure out how to delete pictures that have been uploaded. Grrr.

Any kind souls here know how to do this? :confused:

If you figure it out, let me know. My iPad does it too. As far as editing it in the gallery, I can't make that work either. I didn't try deleting it, but I would be glad to try if you want me to.

For some reason ipads do this.is there a save changes option after you change it you are not finding maybe.i can't load pics from flicker from my phone because not all options show up but on computer it does.

I took that with my iPad, no editing.

image.jpg

The iPad (as many other digital cameras) records the physical position of the device into the EXIF properties of the image file, when the picture was taken. Then, if the "playback" software is smart enough to read those datas, the picture will show correctly on the screen. Several playback software does not work correctly and are not able to detect upside down or portrait / paysage into the file properties. They then display the picture using the default settings. The default for the iPad is camera bottom right while looking at the screen.

If you take your pictures with the volume keys at the bottom, your pictures should be displayed correctly everywhere. At least it works for me.

For some reason ipads do this.is there a save changes option after you change it you are not finding maybe.i can't load pics from flicker from my phone because not all options show up but on computer it does.

Yes, I have tried all permutations that I saw offered to me-one of which is "submit changes".

Update- This is very bizarre. The thumbnail images are still upside down, but when you click on them, the pictures are now right side up!

ps ignore the upside down TKC80 Front thumbnail, which when clicked, appears as image 19, a side view trax box bike picture, lol. In one of my experiments trying to delete, I tried the insertion of another picture. That picture is not shown as a thumbnail, but shows up when that thumbnail clicked. The picture on the TKC80 Front, has disappeared off into the proverbial ether, leaving it's ghostly upside down thumbnail after image.

I took that with my iPad, no editing.

View attachment 5862

The iPad (as many other digital cameras) records the physical position of the device into the EXIF properties of the image file, when the picture was taken. Then, if the "playback" software is smart enough to read those datas, the picture will show correctly on the screen. Several playback software does not work correctly and are not able to detect upside down or portrait / paysage into the file properties. They then display the picture using the default settings. The default for the iPad is camera bottom right while looking at the screen.

If you take your pictures with the volume keys at the bottom, your pictures should be displayed correctly everywhere. At least it works for me.

How intriguing! Thanks for the clever insight. I will keep that in mind for future attempts. :D

Turn your Ipad upside down when posting ???

just kidding :)

Don't laugh! I actually tried taking a few pictures with the spiteful thing oriented the other way, to see if that made any difference, lol! ;) ;)

It knew what I was up to apparently, and re-reversed them, so they stayed upside down... :eek: :mad:

So all of the pictures and thumbnails have magically reoriented themselves properly. :eek:

Thank you most kind person, or ghost in the machine! :D

For my sanity, I think I'll lay off the IPad for picture posting until I suss it out.

Yaaay :)

Apparently Apple made I-phones and I-pads make correct photos of I-bikes only... all other brands will not be compatible! :p

I-rony intended :cool: ;)

Back