• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Replacing air filter - what an easy job

dduelin

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Tonight I replaced the air filter. Just like the other maintenance I have done so far Honda has made it very easy on the NC700X. There is no reason to neglect scheduled maintenance procedures because the bike has hours of labor required getting to maintenance items. It took about 30 minutes moving slow.

Last edited:
What mileage does the bike have? I checked the maintenance plan, and as I remember, after 2 years needs to be replaced.

Strange, service interval in Europe is multiples of 8,000 miles or 12,000 km. Air cleaner replacement is 16,000 miles/ 24,000 km or every two years. With the usual "Service more frequently when riding in dusty conditions"

you know why they guys in the US change their filters early?

its because of all the burger's,pizzas and fecking Donuts they eat create a hell of stink and pollution when they fart
pooping_in_the_woods-2200.gif
:p

I did it on my S. Here is the pics in a video. The subtitles are in portuguese.

[video=youtube;G2BrmRSR2YU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2BrmRSR2YU[/video]

No not the K&N or DNA style filters... they don't stop fine dust...
They are great if yer don't ride on dusty roads...

I don't get your question, then.

Do you mean a replacement filter, or a Pre-filter? How many other makers of "oiled foam" filters, that aren't the style of the K&N or DNA filters are even out there? :confused:

I have heard that the Aussie bikes (like Yamaha Super Tenere, and so on) come from the dealers with foam pre-filters and/or different foam filters than the OEM paper ones, the rest of the world gets?

I've been exceedingly happy with my "they don't work" K&N filters for over 29 dusty years now...

I don't get your question, then.

Do you mean a replacement filter, or a Pre-filter? How many other makers of "oiled foam" filters, that aren't the style of the K&N or DNA filters are even out there? :confused:

I have heard that the Aussie bikes (like Yamaha Super Tenere, and so on) come from the dealers with foam pre-filters and/or different foam filters than the OEM paper ones, the rest of the world gets?

I've been exceedingly happy with my "they don't work" K&N filters for over 29 dusty years now...

put a blob of grease in the air box then go for a good ride on a dusty road... have a look at the grease when yer get back..
Bet yer don't put the K&N/DNA back in if yer going to ride in dust condictions..
This type ===> http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YWtuyOPJtyc/UJCtnaDhOQI/AAAAAAAAAA4/xzhWxN55EH4/s1600/DSCF7003.JPG

Last edited:
put a blob of grease in the air box then go for a good ride on a dusty road... have a look at the grease when yer get back..
Bet yer don't put the K&N/DNA back in if yer going to ride in dust condictions..
This type ===> http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YWtuyOPJtyc/UJCtnaDhOQI/AAAAAAAAAA4/xzhWxN55EH4/s1600/DSCF7003.JPG

All of my airboxes with K&N's are clean and dust free on the inside, and like I say, have been that way for nearly 3 decades now, but that's neither here nor there if you are vehemently determined to avoid them. (and I perfectly understand, don't get me wrong-I'm not trying to convert you, lol)

I also don't live on Tatooine or have to dodge Sand People on my rides (maybe the occasional Jawa, but that's really rare) so I can't speak out of turn for your needs. :)

Back to the point though, what exactly are you looking for then? Maybe with a few more bits of info, we can better search for you?

I had a Goldwing GL1800, that bike was much more involved as far as replacement of the Air filter, it had a K&N that had been properly cleaned oiled and seated in the air box but upon inspection at next cleaning, Down in the throttle bodies had a layer of dirt/silt in them from the dirt that had passed through the K&N "FILTER" and I use the word "Filter" Very Loosely, I will NEVER use another K&N filter in anything i Own and want to last, but that's just me.

The NC700X looks like it should be easier to change the air filter.

Tonight I replaced the air filter. Just like the other maintenance I have done so far Honda has made it very easy on the NC700X. There is no reason to neglect scheduled maintenance procedures because the bike has hours of labor required getting to maintenance items. It took about 30 minutes moving slow.

I just watched the youtube...
are you kidding about it being easy 30mins?

It looks more like 3hrs?
With all the screws and unscrewing...oh my goodness!
Tell me you were joking?

Hi on the question of replacing the air filter have you opted for an original honda part or for example a K&N? regards
\\\\\joe

Hi on the question of replacing the air filter have you opted for an original honda part or for example a K&N? regards
\\\\\joe

Welcome to the Forum, Joe :)

Who are you asking? You will get many different replies. Most people seem to be happy with a Honda stock paper replacement, some others like the ability to remove, clean, and reuse an aftermarket foam or oiled medium style.

I prefer the K&N myself, because I'm often in conditions where it's very dusty and/or extremely wet and muddy. If I dropped my bike in a deep creek trying to cross it and the OEM filter was drowned, being paper, it would be ruined and unusable for the rest of the trip.

In this case, riding back out with *no* filter, would be infinitely worse than the unproven potential of increased cylinder and ring wear, which is used for the argument against K&N's.

Same with very dusty conditions. If the K&N clogs up, I can remove, clean, re oil and carry on. I've had mediocre success with trying to reuse a clogged and dirty paper filter in the past.

Back