• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

riding safety suits

StratTuner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking about THIS SUIT.... I've looked at other posts and read some...
Anyone have any experience with Tourmaster stuff?
CenturionSuitGnMtl.jpg

Last edited:
I run with Tourmaster Jacket and Pants. They look good, fit good and above work good. I rode to work in Feb and March (mid 30's to low 40's) without any problem - even in the Seattle wet. This weekend I took out the linings and had a great ride in the sun - high 60's, low 70s. I dumped my bike at fairly low speed a while back and the riding gear hardly noticed. I would definitely buy Tourmaster gear again.

I dumped my bike at fairly low speed a while back and the riding gear hardly noticed. I would definitely buy Tourmaster gear again.

That part is MOST encouraging! I'm not going to ride in the rain if I can avoid it. I live in So. Cal, so cold is not a big problem...
I'm looking to some skin protection, and I'm glad to hear their stuff does that.

For example, the first thing I'll do is remove the warmth liner... don't need that.

thanks for the quick reply, Dan.

I only skimmed the description. Is the water resistant liner built in, or removable? Personally, I've not liked any built in waterproof linings in even warm weather. They don't breathe well, and make it WAY too hot in even moderately warm temps. Fine in the cold, though. Apart from that, I'd buy that suit and wear it. I have a Teiz and overall they're similar, if I'm seeing this one properly.

Just my thoughts. I prefer removable waterproofing, and I prefer it over the top of the outer garment in order to both prevent the suit from soaking up water and also to make sure it seals. I find that this is a subjective and highly personal area of preference, though.

I only skimmed the description. Is the water resistant liner built in, or removable? Personally, I've not liked any built in waterproof linings in even warm weather. They don't breathe well, and make it WAY too hot in even moderately warm temps. Fine in the cold, though. Apart from that, I'd buy that suit and wear it. I have a Teiz and overall they're similar, if I'm seeing this one properly.

Just my thoughts. I prefer removable waterproofing, and I prefer it over the top of the outer garment in order to both prevent the suit from soaking up water and also to make sure it seals. I find that this is a subjective and highly personal area of preference, though.

Having the water protection as external would have been a huge plus. I'm not really looking for that. As a road bicyclist, I've had two incidents of road rash, and I hope never to repeat. Keeping my skin is THE most important aspect. I will remember to look for rain protection that is external.

I don't know about that one but my Tourmaster stuff with the internal waterproofing vents at the biceps, shoulder, and waist and keeps me pretty comfortable when I'm moving. When I'm stationary for any length of time it can get warm.

I don't know about that one but my Tourmaster stuff with the internal waterproofing vents at the biceps, shoulder, and waist and keeps me pretty comfortable when I'm moving. When I'm stationary for any length of time it can get warm.

That's encouraging. I don't think the suit will arrive in time, but I'm riding from Phoenix AZ to San Diego CA in a few days. It's 90 degrees in Phoenix and 80 at home.... so I'm hoping the vents work.

When I was 17 and rode the only other bike I've ever owned (Kawasaki KZ440), I wore my leather coat all the time no matter what. You just have to get used to the heat.
My first bike: Kawasaki KZ440 bought it new for $1,540.00!!
20070913153244-0-1266.jpg

Last edited:
The tourmaster suit arrived today special delivery because "Motorcyclegear.com" made sure of that.
I mentioned that I was making the big ride from Phoenix dealer to California home, and the suit is now here and ready for me to use tomorrow!
I don't know how or how they arranged that, but wow...that's some kinda great service.

The first thing I did was remove the thermal liner. It runs the full length of both arms and legs. It's zippered in, but at the cuffs, it's hooked to a piece of cloth with a snap. I'm sure I could get it back in if I ever need it, but I don't think I will.

The fit is good, and I went with the number that matched my chest measurement... which is the same number for the size dress suit I wear (48).
It's a little tight in the crotch, as I knew it would be. (I'm 5'11, and my inseam is 30. That means I have a long body and slightly shorter legs.)

The armor is amazing. I can feel it on the elbows and knees, and it feels solid. I wished I had that suit on the one or two times I've ever crashed on my (human powered ) trek racing bike. I wouldn't have the road rash scares that I do!

It's not a light-weight suit to wear in the California heat. It's vented, but I haven't been able to determine, yet, if that makes any differene.
Around here where the daily temps in the summer are above 80 degrees F, you just have to suffer the heat if you wear any kind of protective gear at al.... leather jacket or tourmaster suit.

I put the legs in first the pull the jacket on... zip up from knee to neck, and I .... look like a slightly gray old guy in a motorcycle suit. Oh well, I can't fix that anymore than I can make the suit cooler in summer. I will wear it because it will keep my skin on my body when/if I go down.... not because it's cool or looks stylish.

I have a thick leather motorcycle jacket for around town rides, but I think I'll use the suit whenever I go out on the American Interstates!

More review of the suit after Friday's long ride.

If you unzip the legs on this suit, you can move the knee armor up/down to make sure it sits on your knees. The armor is contained in a vertical pocked with strips of velcro along both ends. If you open the velcro at top, ou can move the armor up...same with the bottom

Nice piece of work.

Back