• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SEDICI Hotwired

daveyharr

Reaction score
Visit site
Went to Cycle Gear yesterday and got my christmas present to myself. A Hotwired jacket liner to go with my heated gloves. Rode in to work last week when the temp was 28 deg F with just the gloves (40 minute ride at 75 mph) and didn't get that cold with the gloves on medium. I couldn't believe the difference heated gloves made. Now that I have the jacket liner I plan on riding my NC700X to work year round. Minus the ice and snow days.

worth every penny (sorry cent) to me on those early morning rides to/from work

we (U.S. us) use that phrase "worth every penny"

also "pennies on the dollar"

They are not quite interchangeable because penny can refer to the specific coin. (for decades Lincoln Head penny)
Typically you might be told you owe 10 cents or 25 cents to make a purchase, rarely would someone say you owe 25 pennies but it would not be unknown.
ed

we (U.S. us) use that phrase "worth every penny"

also "pennies on the dollar"

They are not quite interchangeable because penny can refer to the specific coin. (for decades Lincoln Head penny)
Typically you might be told you owe 10 cents or 25 cents to make a purchase, rarely would someone say you owe 25 pennies but it would not be unknown.
ed

Do Americans still use the term pennies due to a subconcious desire to still be part of the British Empire ? No I thought not :)

Do Americans still use the term pennies due to a subconcious desire to still be part of the British Empire ? No I thought not :)

Trust me, I do not have any desire to be apart of England or other country that has a problem with personal gun ownership. Other than chatting with fellow riders like yourself.

Trust me, I do not have any desire to be apart of England or other country that has a problem with personal gun ownership. Other than chatting with fellow riders like yourself.

I'm staying well clear of that debate having seen it almost rip another forum with a large American membership apart until the topic was banned

Yeapp! Heated gear makes a huge difference. Chillz no more. I only got gloves because the rest of my gear is fine. With my hands all toasty, I feel as if I can ride until the tank runs dry. Barring snow/ice, I'll be out there through-out the year. Been riding so much lately, neighbor has been asking if my car is ok, ha ha :)

At first the heated gear can feel a bit of a cabled pain. But after the temps drop and your snug as a bug all toasty on a nice ride it becomes sweet bliss. Motorcycling is best when your prepared. Being caught out makes pussies run for the car. Little do they know that being prepared is the trick to being a
pro. Enjoy the ride.
BigE

At first the heated gear can feel a bit of a cabled pain. But after the temps drop and your snug as a bug all toasty on a nice ride it becomes sweet bliss. Motorcycling is best when your prepared. Being caught out makes pussies run for the car. Little do they know that being prepared is the trick to being a
pro. Enjoy the ride.
BigE

I agree 100%

Reviving an old thread so I don't have to start a new one with the same topic.

Over this past weekend, I noticed CycleGear has redesigned their Hotwired Jacket liner by moving the controls outlet to the bottom of the jacket, resolving one of the biggest complaint about the liner. It's also on sale PLUS a 10% off coupon. I thought there is no better time to buy a heated jacket than now. Picked up the Hotwired jacket liner + controller and lifetime warranty for $122.39 + tax. WOW!

I wired everything up over the weekend and then wear the liner out for my commute this AM (chilly and a bit damp, felt like a PNW fall morning). I wore the shell of my 3 season textile jacket with liner with a dress shirt underneath. Even on the low setting, the liner worked well and kept me warm. The arm and chest area was perfectly fine. The lower back area did get a little warm since it didn't get any wind.

I am happy with the liner so far, especially for that price. I think if I wear the jacket liner along with the heated liner, I think I'd be just fine in the winter. I will probably just need the low setting.

I count Brits as cultural "family". You don't always agree completely with relatives, but they're still your family.

Reviving an old thread so I don't have to start a new one with the same topic.

Over this past weekend, I noticed CycleGear has redesigned their Hotwired Jacket liner by moving the controls outlet to the bottom of the jacket, resolving one of the biggest complaint about the liner. It's also on sale PLUS a 10% off coupon. I thought there is no better time to buy a heated jacket than now. Picked up the Hotwired jacket liner + controller and lifetime warranty for $122.39 + tax. WOW!

I wired everything up over the weekend and then wear the liner out for my commute this AM (chilly and a bit damp, felt like a PNW fall morning). I wore the shell of my 3 season textile jacket with liner with a dress shirt underneath. Even on the low setting, the liner worked well and kept me warm. The arm and chest area was perfectly fine. The lower back area did get a little warm since it didn't get any wind.

I am happy with the liner so far, especially for that price. I think if I wear the jacket liner along with the heated liner, I think I'd be just fine in the winter. I will probably just need the low setting.

Well you've caught my attention.
Where is this 10% coupon?

My wife and I have been discussing moving out to the greater Seattle area, part of that discussion included selling my car to partially fund the move and me riding the bike year-round once we are out there (seems reasonable, if not always comfortable, given the climate averages and extremes in the area) do you think this will get year-round riding for you? Any concerns about frozen liquid on the road out there?

I love the idea of being able to ride year round, but it's never going to happen in Minnesota... not with out switching to a snowmobile for part of the year (and those are not allowed on the highway, and there is no parking for them at work).

I got an email from CycleGear with a 10% off entire store for that Saturday. I was already thinking about getting a heated liner anyway so that coupon was the motivation I needed. *good job, CycleGear Marketing team!*

The traffic in greater Seattle area can be terrible, depends on your commute. For me, going in and out of Bellevue on I-405 is excruciating. That prompted me to ride year-round. Getting the NC700X was part of the plan, that allowed me to do so more comfortably. The climate here is actually pretty mild, relative to other part of the country. We don't have extreme highs or extreme lows; summer is typically dry and warm (people start to cry foul when it's over 80s for too long) while the winter is damp and wet. It doesn't rain that much (total precipitation) but it rains often. I would just drive when it snows, which doesn't happen very often. And when it does snow, a lot of people just stay home so traffic really isn't that bad.

Long story short, if you want to commute year round, get ready to get wet! It won't get so hot or cold that you can't ride. Oh, and watch out for bad drivers!

Back