• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

OEM accessory installation instructions?

centex

Reaction score
www.cmraracing.com
It'd be informative and interesting if the instruction sheets for installing the various genuine Honda accessories could be posted on this site with a sticky list pointing to those.

Surely some of the buyers of those items can scan 'em to PDF and offer to the forum. I don't think that'd violate a copyright, per se (but could be wrong).

As an interested but not-yet owner, I was glad to find (through Google) the Owner's Manual on this site .... apparently OK to post since the admin hasn't pulled it, but still not stickied (?)

BTW I fully understand and support not posting the Service Manual sold through Helm.

It'd be informative and interesting if the instruction sheets for installing the various genuine Honda accessories could be posted on this site with a sticky list pointing to those.
Surely some of the buyers of those items can scan 'em to PDF and offer to the forum. I don't think that'd violate a copyright, per se (but could be wrong).
As an interested but not-yet owner, I was glad to find (through Google) the Owner's Manual on this site .... apparently OK to post since the admin hasn't pulled it, but still not stickied (?)
BTW I fully understand and support not posting the Service Manual sold through Helm.

Here is wat I see at the bottom of every page of all my Honda installation sheets:

1.JPG

But I agree with you that could be very helpful ...

Isn't it only a problem if you try to make money off of it? Same thing for the Honda logo and NC700x name that is on this site.

Here is some useful informations about Copyrights:

What is a copyright? - In the simplest terms, copyright means the right to copy. Only the owner of the copyright, usually the creator of the piece, is allowed to produce or reproduce the work in question or to permit anyone else to do so. Copyright law rewards and protects creative endeavour by giving the sole right to publish or use your work in any number of ways. You may also choose not to publish or to prevent anyone else from doing so. By way of example, the business that creates instruction manuals, descriptive literature, promotion material and price lists or develops computer software has the right to prevent others from copying this creation.

Copyright applies to all original literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works. Each of these general categories covers a wide range of creations. Here are just a few examples:

Literary Works - Books, pamphlets, product literature, instruction manuals, operation manuals, poems and other works consisting of text, including computer programs;

The line between fair dealing and infringement is a thin one. There are no guidelines that define the number of words or passages that can be used without permission from the author. Only the courts can rule whether fair dealing or infringement is involved.

Examples of infringement:

Reprinting an instruction manual or users manual without the copyright owner's permission.

Playing music of others as part of your advertisement.

Giving a public performance of copyright play without permission

Photocopying information for distribution.

Not infringement:
Quoting a few lines of the article in a research paper (fair dealing)

Playing records at home

Giving public performance of a play by Shakespeare (no copyright exists)

Gaining permission from the author and paying him or her a fee

For a complete list of exceptions to infringement, refer to the Copyright Act.

Source: Copyrighting Guide, Advantages to Copyrights and How to Copyright| Arvic - Your Trademark Agent and Corporate Paralegal firm ||

I would expect American Honda to give consideration to a request from this site's admin or owner to permit posting the accessory instruction manuals here. Honestly I don't see a legit reason they'd want that _not_ done, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll agree to it.

I never have figured out why the accessory installation instructions aren't online for Honda bikes. If you have a Honda car, the online parts and accessory dealers typically post a link to the instructions on the same page as the accessory description.
FWIW the dealers have access to all the accessory instructions for our bikes. Whenever I have a question on how complicated an accessory installation would be, I just ask them to print out the instruction sheet for me. They've never refused to do so, but I do have a good relationship with them.
While its obviously not as convenient as having the instructions posted here, if you want to see the instructions, I'd suggest asking your dealer to print out a copy for you. The worst they can do is say no.

Bob

I never have figured out why the accessory installation instructions aren't online for Honda bikes. If you have a Honda car, the online parts and accessory dealers typically post a link to the instructions on the same page as the accessory description.
FWIW the dealers have access to all the accessory instructions for our bikes. Whenever I have a question on how complicated an accessory installation would be, I just ask them to print out the instruction sheet for me. They've never refused to do so, but I do have a good relationship with them.
While its obviously not as convenient as having the instructions posted here, if you want to see the instructions, I'd suggest asking your dealer to print out a copy for you. The worst they can do is say no.

Bob

I purchased the genuine accessory subharness and relay from my honda dealer. They came with no installation instructions and the dealer did not have them either. Can anyone tell me how to install these parts.

Derrica

The dealer won't have them on hand, but they should have access to an online Honda database where they are located. In my case both the sales and parts department personnel knew how to access it. You may want to talk to a different person at the dealership, but someone should be able to print them out for you.
If all else fails, ask the sales manager at your dealership for the Honda Customer Service telephone number and tell them why you want to call Honda. I would be willing to bet that they find someone who can give you a printout of the instructions.

Bob

Back